Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Have you been watering / sprinklering your garden?

Have you been watering / sprinklering your garden?

• Yes

Votes: 49 50.5%
  • No

Votes: 39 40.2%
  • Option 3

Votes: 9 9.3%

• Total voters

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yes I did. But I spent the weekend up north. I remember driving round the M25 with the temperature down to a balmy 37 degrees.

I am pretty sure Faversham is the hottest place in the UK, and that my patio is the hottest place in Faversham. Brogdale, where they do the recording, is up the hill....

:cool:

I went to Faversham Margate once

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I have clay at the back of my house which has made cracks appear and the grass has completely died, all tho i have been placing the swimming pool over it and letting the water go in to it but don't seem to work.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Since Southern Water forced us to have a water meter installed I presume they would prefer us to drench our garden at every opportunity as it increases their shareholders’ dividends.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes I did. But I spent the weekend up north. I remember driving round the M25 with the temperature down to a balmy 37 degrees.

I am pretty sure Faversham is the hottest place in the UK, and that my patio is the hottest place in Faversham. Brogdale, where they do the recording, is up the hill....

:cool:

Anorak alert, there's a pic on the web of the famous weather station itself in an farm orchard.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Flower beds, yes.

Grass, of course not.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
We're lucky enough in the Rockery to use the Wellsbourne that runs under Preston Park. Beds and borders are suffering so watering those and fairly young trees but grass will come back.

We had 3 very dry summers in a row back in the 2000's, I can remember we were all talking about changing our planting ideas to go more 'Mediterranean'

As mentioned, Resevoirs are very full at the moment so hopefully no hosepipe ban yet.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Now and again I’ve watered the odd plant that I care about and don’t want to lose. But not every day and certainly wouldn’t consider using the sprinkler. Grass will recover, just leave it.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Unfortunately I have no water supply to my front or back gardens, the water butt has long since run dry, so l have been reduced to watering everything with a watering can, filling it from the kitchen tap and lugging it through the house to the gardens. A laboriious task, and one which has probably left me with a much longer right arm than left.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I throw the washing up water on my roses, as they quite like Fairy liquid (although I haven't seen any aphids this year).
I use the watering can on my plants, as we have very dry chalky soil. The lawn will recover when the rain comes back. We had a drizzly day last Friday which greened the lawn a bit, but it's good not to have to mow it very week.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Weirdly I was going to start a thread on the very same subject. I can't remember seeing so many parched lawns as I have this year. Normally you can't walk along some roads without being drenched by sprinklers as people try and keep their gardens green, this year it's all brown.

(Got a paved yard myself so I don't even have a hosepipe.)

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Have been watering my veg, bit not the lawn, flowers shrubs.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Our back garden is quite shaded so hasn’t suffered too badly. A bit of dew each morning has kept a tinge of green to it.

Watering can for the flowers, and water left out for the family of (4) baby hedgehogs.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Just a watering can for the pots and tomatoes, rest is paved so no lawn to worry about. Today woke up and no water anyway, problem with a leak in the area according to SWA. Wife not happy.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here