Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Have you been hit by a POLLEN BOMB?

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
Yes, pollen should be illegal, there are no good side effects from sniffing this stuff and there are copious amounts to take up one's nostrils at the moment.
for any of you with snot fetishes, you must be on one almighty high at present.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Yes, pollen should be illegal, there are no good side effects from sniffing this stuff and there are copious amounts to take up one's nostrils at the moment.
for any of you with snot fetishes, you must be on one almighty high at present.
It’s so easy to find pollen in Worthing. Even school kids are sniffing it in,

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
Yes, even here in Germany has been bombed.. I have been suffering the last 4 or 5 days---

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Switched to Allevia, a fexofenadine, this year and haven't suffered a jot from all the early pollen that sets me off. Been a revelation tbh

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Switched to Allevia, a fexofenadine, this year and haven't suffered a jot from all the early pollen that sets me off. Been a revelation tbh
Switched from what? I've always found cetirizine effective without side effects too. Glad fexenadine is working for you. Amazing how cheap the tablets are if you buy non branded versions of the drug. I can get unbranded 10mg 360 cetrizine tablets for about £9 online. Piriteze (cetirizine 10mg) is £6.50 for 14 tablets!!

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Switched from what? I've always found cetirizine effective without side effects too. Glad fexenadine is working for you. Amazing how cheap the tablets are if you buy non branded versions of the drug. I can get unbranded 10mg 360 cetrizine tablets for about £9 online. Piriteze (cetirizine 10mg) is £6.50 for 14 tablets!!

Well I swapped each year after the doctor told me to, as she said your body gets use to each one, so becomes less effective. So one year it would be generic cetirizine, then the year after it would be loratadine. Neither conquered my hayfever as much as the fexofenadine has though. Now that all the early spring tree pollen has spent it's load, I'll start to phase it out. Start taking one every other day, then every third day until I only need to take one when I feel a bad day coming on.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

I get prescribed fexofenadine 180ml tablets as cetirizine wasn't doing much to relieve the symptoms of hay fever. Like you say it was a revelation. Since I switched I've hardly had any problems apart from getting a bit bunged up when the pollen is really high.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Has anyone had the kenalog jab and knows where you can get it in Brighton or surrounding area. As I know NHS don’t offer anymore but can’t go on like this!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Has anyone had the kenalog jab and knows where you can get it in Brighton or surrounding area. As I know NHS don’t offer anymore but can’t go on like this!
Don't you still need a prescription to get the injection?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Well I swapped each year after the doctor told me to, as she said your body gets use to each one, so becomes less effective. So one year it would be generic cetirizine, then the year after it would be loratadine. Neither conquered my hayfever as much as the fexofenadine has though. Now that all the early spring tree pollen has spent it's load, I'll start to phase it out. Start taking one every other day, then every third day until I only need to take one when I feel a bad day coming on.
Sounds like good advice. I was getting in the habit of just taking them regularly regardless of symptoms, maybe through habit. But now I take far fewer and actually seem to have more natural resistance / tolerance than I can remember. A 10mg cetirizine still seems to do the trick when needed though.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
been awful last couple of days - ive got a drawer full of tablets but not having much impact , had hayfever for last 20yrs! - has eased off a bit but bad atm

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I’m not sure, as I’ve been told by others you can pay privately but Google is not proving very helpful
Ah had a look and it's not licensed in UK to treat hayfever anymore so might be tricky to get without symptoms of the other things it treats.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here