Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have we set a new record?

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Tomorrow night's U19 friendly will be the first match to be held at the AMEX on a Thursday, this also completes the set of days of the week. Now bearing in mind the stadium is officially not even 15 weeks old till Saturday. Does this mean that we have hosted a match on every day of the week in record time?

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Tomorrow night's U19 friendly will be the first match to be held at the AMEX on a Thursday, this also completes the set of days of the week. Now bearing in mind the stadium is officially not even 15 weeks old till Saturday. Does this mean that we have hosted a match on every day of the week in record time?

Amazing stat, it must be a record for a new stadium. Goes to show the diversity of our new stadium, one that will go down well with the Council, jobs etc, when it comes to expansion.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I find people banging on about this about as tiresome as going on and on and on about how we'll have gone 749 weeks without a home game at 3pm on Saturday.

I doubt a record exists because it is so dull and incredibly tenuous that we're using an England U19 game (am I alone in not knowing U19s existed until recently - I thought it was U18s and then U21s?) to complete our set.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
I find people banging on about this about as tiresome as going on and on and on about how we'll have gone 749 weeks without a home game at 3pm on Saturday.

I doubt a record exists because it is so dull and incredibly tenuous that we're using an England U19 game (am I alone in not knowing U19s existed until recently - I thought it was U18s and then U21s?) to complete our set.

There are U20s too ;)

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1

Well it could help, if the u19s love the match day experience and atmosphere at the Amex they might want to join us on loan...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

oooohhhh....grumpy knickers :lolol:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Well it could help, if the u19s love the match day experience and atmosphere at the Amex they might want to join us on loan...

I've got no objections to the fixture and all it represents for the club - it's fantastic, for sure.

I just think this 'amazing' record of having hosted a game on every day of the week is a load of tenuous bollocks. That is all.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I'm pretty sure that we played every day of the week during the play-off season in 2004. Of course some of them were away and we had been at Withdean for a few seasons.

I just think its a case of the modern day Sky/Premier League era of football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here