Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Have we forgotten Ukraine

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
the Hamas-Israeli War is also impacting on Britain more directly …the situation is the Middle East is extremely precarious and rapidly changing - of course it is the main news focus.
As I said the other day, there are also two sides to the conflict which are well represented in the UK and provide (in the eyes of the broadcasters and newspapers) excellent media coverage in getting them to provide their different (virulent) perspectives and, if possible, start shouting directly at each other.

That isn’t, hasn’t and won’t happen with Ukraine because literally nobody other than a few weirdo cranks and internet nobodies are pro-Russia in that war. So it’s basically degrees of how much people support Ukraine. Bar the odd flashpoint (mostly on the US right) that isn’t an argument which is particularly ferocious.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Its pretty much a stalemate in Ukraine in recent weeks as far as I have seen in recent weeks. I'm sure there is big casulties on both sides which we can't see, but in what's turning into a long conflict, unless there is a major break through from either side, us living in a country without a war and sitting in a comfortable chair will look at other things domestically and in the world. I guess what I'm saying is it's the human condition that unless we are directly involved, we get bored with the same news every day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here