Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Have we ever relegated another club ?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Luton at Kenilworth Road about 15 years ago.

Albions fans singing "down in a minute" before the board with 3 mins goes up so the chant changed to "down in 3 minutes, you’re going down in 3 minutes"

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Southend away the season Poyet took over? I remember chanting about them going down towards the end of the game.

I also remember thinking Lee Hendrie scored a screamer and their manager calling it a fluke was just him being unbelievably bitter. Then when I saw the highlights it turned out his shot had hit Barnes on the way in and it was absolutely a fluke.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
should have relegated Carlisle at Withdean it was a shocking performance and I will never forget the lack of effort applied.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Doncaster, first game of the season and first at the Amex. With a fit Billy Sharpe, they might have stood a chance.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Technically, no. Or at least, not alone. Points won or lost on the last day don't count more or less than points won and lost during the rest of the season. So every win or draw against a relegated side played as much a part in sending them down as a result late in, or on the last day of, the season.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Doncaster, first game of the season and first at the Amex. With a fit Billy Sharpe, they might have stood a chance.
Sadly Billy met his demise that afternoon at the hands of Lewis Dunk. He was given a ceremonial burial at sea the following morning in front of a small congregation at the end of the Palace Pier, as they observed his embalmed corpse slip down off the helter skelter, where his body was finally claimed by the frothing waves of the English Channel below. And swept away forever.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
To turn this on its head - WE were once relegated by GRIMSBY.

For all the haddock-love on here, I'll never forget how horrible they were that day! Grim, indeed.

Having said that, I'd love-it-absolutely-love it if we sent Stains down. Can't stand 'em.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
To turn this on its head - WE were once relegated by GRIMSBY.

For all the haddock-love on here, I'll never forget how horrible they were that day! Grim, indeed.

Having said that, I'd love-it-absolutely-love it if we sent Stains down. Can't stand 'em.

I think we would have one down what ever the result there so technically at rather than by . Could have remembered incorrectly though ?

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
I've always maintained (apparently wrongly) that our 3-0 win at Selhurst in 1981 relegated Palace from the old first division. Its a nice memory , even if false. It certainly was the start of our 4 match end of season winning run that saw us stay up by a couple of points !

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Huddersfield in the early 70’s. They had Alan Gowling playing for them… who he .. ed

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
What i love about that clip is the joy on Óscar García's face as he leaps about and the Forest fan behind him grinning his head off at the same time.
What I like about the Reading one is the grandad with big white beard just standing there staring right in the middle of the picture

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here