Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have we already got the striker we need in.......

BHABen

Jan 12, 2010
Will Buckley, I've said this before, stands 6ft 1, obscene pace knows where the net is. Surely Gus could nurture him into the central position similar to what wenger did with Henry.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
We'll have to see, but I think this could be Hoskins' season providing he can stop getting injured.

westy

Jul 25, 2003
Will Buckley, I've said this before, stands 6ft 1, obscene pace knows where the net is. Surely Gus could nurture him into the central position similar to what wenger did with Henry.

Ive been banging this drum for a long time. He would do a great job up there im sure. Get him in the gym to work on his upper body strength and I reckon he could well be the answer. He certainly has one hell of a classy finish on him, not to mention pace and height.

BHABen

Jan 12, 2010
Can imagine vincente pushing through balls for him to run onto, like noone did in the doncaster game

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nope CMS IS the MAN, see signature.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Ive been banging this drum for a long time. He would do a great job up there im sure. Get him in the gym to work on his upper body strength and I reckon he could well be the answer. He certainly has one hell of a classy finish on him, not to mention pace and height.

I've not really been a fan of this idea historically, but am starting to see it's merits.

Natural finisher, just needs to beef up a bit and sort out his heading and could be a cracker of a forward.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
With hamstrings made of tissue paper. Don't think so. Buckley will not play 5 games in a row this season. Would be a viable option if we can sort his injuries out

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Nah, he's too slow!

Pretty sure Gus would have given it some thought and a trial run if he thought it could work.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

I certainly prefer him us front to Vicente or CMS. His finishing is first class, and he is bloody quick. Not sure how good he is in the air?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

BHABen

Jan 12, 2010
If we played with two wide men I don't think he would be the answer, however with style we play I think he could do the job. Henry scored 5 headers in the 171 goals he scored for arsenal, I just think with the extra quality behind him in Vicente and crofts they could play to his strengths. To be honest I can't remember Buckley being central long enough last year to comment on his aerial ability...however at 6 ft 1 he is currently our tallest attacking option.

mattislost

Dec 12, 2011
he may be 6'1 but i don't think i've ever seen him jump more than an inch off the floor, or even win a header...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We've got Buckley and we've got Barnes and we've got Vicente laying on some superb service. Add in Calderon's crucial goals created out of nothing and reckon we'll barely miss the gem. Maybe a promising journeyman like Chris Wood (again) would add the finishing touch to the side.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Seems to get injured every other game, or am I imagining that. We need a forward who plays game in game out, most of ours seem to be quite frail on the health front apart from Barnes who is no longer a forward. We also need to keep 3 wingers because one or more are injured most of the time, so this get shot of Noone suggestion is not really a great idea.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here