Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Have we all calmed down yet?

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Yes, as I’ve learnt to not let a football match performance impact the rest of my day.

Happy to admit that last season there were times when I carried the result for the weekend, which really isn’t good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish I could. It affects me badly until the next game.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
End of the day we deserved 3 points away from home, got 1

We didn't deserve 3 points away from home as, yet again, we failed to take advantage when on top, failed to adapt our way of playing when the opposition did and our game management was not good enough to hold on to the leads we had.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Just disappointed again!

Not sure where our next win is coming from.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
We are definitely shit. Even we we are not losing.
I could have defended that corner with a stick of rhubarb.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Always calm.

In between games with a lot of people talking about how shite everyone from TB to Connolly are, I sometimes get a bit nervous ahead of games, but every time the team is on the pitch I realise the performances are generally good and that the results will come... some time.

The same here. If I want to moan, I vent my spleen on NSC in the evening after a bad performance (not today).

Then I’m completely calm the following day, until the next game.

A cliche, but it’s genuinely not worth letting football get you down in general, there are more important things in life.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Not sure where our next win is coming from.

This is the worrying thing for me. I feel apathetic, resigned as I'm at that point that I can't see how we're going to win and thus am beginning not to expect us to.

We've drawn to West From, Burnley, Fulham, Sheffield United and now West Ham. On this trajectory, what match are we going to win? Because we're going to have to at some point.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Having gone into the match with low expectations, the performance and result didn't really affect my mood ... which is a sad reflection on the state of the Premier League see also VAR and Covid.

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
Very calm all game. Knew how we were going to play. Knew we wouldn't hold either lead. Knew we wouldn't defend crosses and set pieces. Knew we would play a lot of harmless football in front of them. Knew Bissouma would be immense. Knew that Trossard would flatter to deceive. Knew I would be frustrated again, so just chilled out and let it happen. One thing about football under Potter is that its very predictable.

I've just read your post after snoozing for way too long on me couch after watching another mad crazy Match of the Day highlights show. You managed EXACTLY to sum up my mood about our games now, and as I couldn't put a finger on how I was feeling about watching the Albion lately, your post was an enlightening moment. What that says about the ALBION and my fans eye view I don't really know, but letting it all wash over me each game is how I've become.

I used to get rather agitated, angry, frustrated, bemused, ranting and swore far too much, now I find I drift through our games, what that says about Potter and the way we play now I can't decide, but I'm guessing it's not good as I've started to not care...and to be honest that frightens me a little.

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
Quote Originally Posted by Mo Gosfield View Post
"Very calm all game. Knew how we were going to play. Knew we wouldn't hold either lead. Knew we wouldn't defend crosses and set pieces. Knew we would play a lot of harmless football in front of them. Knew Bissouma would be immense. Knew that Trossard would flatter to deceive. Knew I would be frustrated again, so just chilled out and let it happen. One thing about football under Potter is that its very predictable".

I've just read your post after snoozing for way too long on me couch after watching another mad crazy Match of the Day highlights show. You managed EXACTLY to sum up my mood about our games now, and as I couldn't put a finger on how I was feeling about watching the Albion lately, your post was an enlightening moment. What that says about the ALBION and my fans eye view I don't really know, but letting it all wash over me each game is how I've become.

I used to get rather agitated, angry, frustrated, bemused, ranting and swore far too much, now I find I drift through our games, what that says about Potter and the way we play now I can't decide, but I'm guessing it's not good as I've started to not care...and to be honest that frightens me a little.

Also, I just realised going back through this thread that many of us are feeling exactly the same...That is surely terrifying for the club. If our fans start not to care how our games play out then there is something seriously wrong.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
2 points lost .....annoyed that we played so well in patches but still want to walk the ball into the goal .....and then fall asleep at our end for both of their goals

the players don't look happy at all , could it be all the moaning and whining on various social media platforms from "armchair experts" is filtering through.

still a decent striker away from a very good team , we all know it ....Maupay seems to have lost his mojo for some reason.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
2 points lost .....annoyed that we played so well in patches but still want to walk the ball into the goal .....and then fall asleep at our end for both of their goals

the players don't look happy at all , could it be all the moaning and whining on various social media platforms from "armchair experts" is filtering through.

still a decent striker away from a very good team , we all know it ....Maupay seems to have lost his mojo for some reason.

Still a decent striker away from being a very good team? really? yes l used to think that too. Ok we most definately do need that new striker, but what about the defence? yesterday they were little short of pathetic.

For my money we have just one decent defender, Lewis Dunk, but who has been coaching him this season l have no idea, he is nothing like the player that he once was. Alarm bells are ringing all around.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Re .whosthedaddy’s post above. Yes, I care less about results now because I don’t expect to get one. Now going into a game it is with a feeling of resignation that the best I will see is a decent performance and a draw or defeat. Yesterday was just that .
There is a danger though, if a lot feel the same way, and being locked out of the games.... will the fans want to go back in the same numbers?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
One point gained today, let's face it most of us would have settled for that point prior to kick off. Wet Sham are a much improved team from last season.

Yep a point away at WH is still a good point, the problem is we need to win games like these to compensate all those draws against lowly opposite we should have beaten

We should stay up but we'll do it the hard way

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
God you’re a miserable bunch. Can’t see where the next win is coming from? We’ve just drawn 4 of our last 6 games against teams at both ends of the division; our next win is no more than a deflected long shot or a world-class save away. It’s not like we’ve just lost 3-0 playing against 10 men for half the match.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Still a decent striker away from being a very good team? really? yes l used to think that too. Ok we most definately do need that new striker, but what about the defence? yesterday they were little short of pathetic.

For my money we have just one decent defender, Lewis Dunk, but who has been coaching him this season l have no idea, he is nothing like the player that he once was. Alarm bells are ringing all around.

to me it's like the players don't know each other well enough ....getting in each others way at both ends of the pitch , Duffy was great in the air and him and Dunk had a understanding which is lacking between the current defence, Maupay and Trossard are worryingly low on confidence.

this would all point to a deficit of some sort as it should all get sorted out in training .....they all say they've "trained well" i wonder what they actually mean by that.?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Very calm all game. Knew how we were going to play. Knew we wouldn't hold either lead. Knew we wouldn't defend crosses and set pieces. Knew we would play a lot of harmless football in front of them. Knew Bissouma would be immense. Knew that Trossard would flatter to deceive. Knew I would be frustrated again, so just chilled out and let it happen. One thing about football under Potter is that its very predictable.

Sadly very true. As kids we used to play ‘next goal wins’ when it started going dark. The only way we will win a game is if those rules are introduced.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here