Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have we accepted bid for Noone?

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
If noone goes then it shows how much we lack ambition. How much it cost to replace him and why do other clubs stick multi million pounds on their best players but then scare clubs off where our players go for peanuts.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Lets hope the club can announce the departure with a signing as has been the case recently.

Bad loss, lets not kid ourselves. Money may be useful though

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
Noone won't go for buttons. He is a class player who is still improving.

Also he is obviously one of the more happy and positive lads at the club - if we let Glenda go because of his moody opposite nature, perhaps there is an element of wanting to keep lads that add to the dressing room buzz?

just speculating i'm sure ultimately it is footballing reasons and that's why i don't see noone going anywhere

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Is this the phone call...

AN: Hiya, its Andy here from the Argus, you know the Argus. Just wanted to know if you have accepted a bid for Noone.
BHA: No Andy, we haven’t.
AN: Oh, I just tweeted that we might.
BHA: No Andy we haven’t.
AN: OK, thanks then, Bye bye.

AN: Hiya, its Andy here from the Argus, you know the Argus. Just wanted to know if anything is happening with Owen.
BHA: No Andy.
AN: Oh, I just tweeted that, thought so. I am good at this reporting lark aren’t i?.
BHA: Er…
AN: OK, thanks then, Bye bye.

AN: Hiya, its Andy here from the Argus, you know the Argus. Just wanted to know if we are likely to sign anyone.
BHA: Andy, we are very busy..
AN: Oh, ok then. I will just have to log onto NSC. OK, thanks then, Bye bye.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Noone is the player that gets people off their seats more than any other currently in the squad.

Unfortunately after he has jinked past a few players, or the same player 4 times, he rarely does much with the ball (the 2nd goal against Doncaster being one of the rare exceptions).

Stumpy Tim

Noone is a credit to the club and himself. He's also quality on the ball until his final delivery. BUT, Buckley is better, Lua Lua is equivalent... and it's not often Gus plays two wingers - more so if he's planning to SWOOP for another striker.

£1.5m for Noone is a no-brainer IMO

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
I can confirm 100% that Noone was at the training ground this morning if that helps! I failed to spot anyone that looked like Michael Owen.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
You als have to factor in that Noone might want to go if he's offered better money at Cardiff. The club will make him aware of any offer I assume.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I can confirm 100% that Noone was at the training ground this morning if that helps!

Shit! That's him definitely gone then. :lolol:

ps I can't see him going unless it's for silly money. He'll be flying down the pitch for us for a good while yet, I'd wager.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Noone is a credit to the club and himself. He's also quality on the ball until his final delivery. BUT, Buckley is better, Lua Lua is equivalent... and it's not often Gus plays two wingers - more so if he's planning to SWOOP for another striker.

£1.5m for Noone is a no-brainer IMO

Have to agree with this. I also appreciate his enthusiasm off the field. He seems to be so enthusiastic by all reports and if he isn't the prodigal son in this team who is ? (Okay Dunk or Bricott, I'll give you that).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here