Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have Sussex blown it this year?

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
After such an express train start I knew they couldn't keep it up, but surely they blew it today? Can they keep up the challenge, or are Lancs too good?

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
All will become clear this week, Lancashire at home... Anything less than a win and I believe it is game over.

I trust they are preparing the wicket for a certain Pakistani spin king with a windmill action as we speak.

:thumbsup:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I still think it may go to the wire, if we can be Lancs then we are definitely back in the game. We must keep an eye out for Hants, although there is nothing we can do on that front as we have played them twice, me thinks.

Whatever happens, it is going to be exciting and I am very proud to be a Sussex fan.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
brightonfan_86 said:
And when was the last time we won a Championship match at Edgbaston?
That is not the point. We had a real chance of victory and threw it away. Not many games left and both Hants and Lancs have games in hand. As far as I am concerned, unless we can beat Lancs and remain unbeaten we don't stand a chance on bringing the title back to Hove.

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
brightonfan_86 said:
And when was the last time we won a Championship match at Edgbaston?

According to the BBC Sport website, it was a mere 24 YEARS ago...
:eek: :nono: :ohmy:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
According to the Argus, we've won once at Edgabaston since 1961. :ohmy:

I remember us having a chance to win thre JPL in '76 and getting a Sussex supporters coach up there - only for us to fail miserably,

I remember a NatWest SF about 10 years ago where it pissed down ...but not enough to stop us from being battered.

I remember last year when were skittled out for nothing when we had a chance to win the CC.

It's a bad news ground for us.

I think we blew it against Kent - that's the game we should have won, 10 points from that would have been handy.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
1) Lancashire P10 157
2) Sussex P11 156
3) Hampshire P10 140
4) Kent P10 127

Fixtures remaining
-----------------------
Sussex vs Lancs
Sussex vs Durham
Sussex vs Hants
Kent vs Sussex
Notts vs Sussex

Some tough fixtures. Four wins and a draw (win vs Lancs) could see us regain the title. Not looking too good at the moment but we must go for broke.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here