Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have some balls Roy - Drop Gerrard

I dont understand this love in with Gerrard, for me he was poor and his age was certainly showing. He and Henderson played far too similar roles and i feel Gerrard should have been the one to make way. Its all about opinions though and if we all thought the same thing we wouldnt be able to have a good row like this.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Bring back Frank at least he bosses the Midfield and scores goals- Far superior to Gerrad in my opinion League titles and a champions league trophy to him name compared to Gerrard 0 titles in fact he lost Liverpool this yeras with that slip against Chelsea and also he may have that champions legaue medal but is anyone convinced some italian corruption didn't come into play - Really when does an Italian team like AC Milan lose a 3 goal lead..........

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Bring back Frank at least he bosses the Midfield and scores goals- Far superior to Gerrad in my opinion League titles and a champions league trophy to him name compared to Gerrard 0 titles in fact he lost Liverpool this yeras with that slip against Chelsea and also he may have that champions legaue medal but is anyone convinced some italian corruption didn't come into play - Really when does an Italian team like AC Milan lose a 3 goal lead..........

Agreed. It's 100% Gerrard's fault that Liverpool haven't won the title for years, and completely and utterly his fault that they didn't win it this year too because he slipped at a critical point (on that basis we'd better get rid of KLL and Ulloa pretty sharpish as they are both always falling over). Their highest league position for years, a massive points and place improvement on recent years and a 12 game winning streak towards the end of the season was nothing to do with him at all though.

FFS.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Last night (this morning) I saw 2 good teams, playing good disciplined football.
Italy shaded it, but that's not to say it couldn't have gone in our favour.
So far it's the only match where both teams have looked like they could progress a long way in the tournament.

I was pleasantly surprised by how level headed NSC had seemed by the loss.
I guess that's all over now.

You're pretty spot on. For my money they came out ahead by having Pirlo. Great player. I don't think you can blame a side for not having a player of that quality in it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Harley vs Millwall.
Matt, come on, we all know I was referencing outstanding feats of HUMAN footballing ability.

If I wanted 'God like status', on a football pitch, we all would have pointed that 'I was there...' game.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Matt, come on, we all know I was referencing outstanding feats of HUMAN footballing ability.

If I wanted 'God like status', on a football pitch, we all would have pointed that 'I was there...' game.

True - No mere mortal could BESTRODE a match the way he BESTROD that one (and countless others).

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Disappeared last night when the team needed a captains performance to get hold of the game, dictate and control and inspire similar to Beckham against Greece.

Get Rooney back in the middle behind Sturridge in place of Wellbeck even though he played well needs must for the team he can come on if Rooney fails to deliver. Replace Gerrard with Barclay. Llalana and Sterling on the wings and attack, attack attack.
Looks like I was right Gerrard again useless

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here