Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Have It Your Way

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I was in Dover this morning and thought I'd nip in to a garage based Subway and get myself some brekkie.
I asked the Polish/Lithuanin/Chech young lady for a sausage and bacon sub and a coffee. I was politely informed that I could have a bacon sub or a sausage sub but they did not serve a combined bacon and sausage sub. I could have a bacon and egg sub or a sausage and egg sub but not my preferred option.
Looking up above the counter it dawned on me that there was not a picture/option for a bacon and sausage sub but undeterred I reminded the nice young lady that I thought I could have a sub "My way". She then said she didn't have any sausages. I gave up and decided to get a cheese and onion sarnie from the next door garage and when I got back in the car I put on my Frank Sinatra CD.

Anyway - which is worse - Dover or Hastings?

Did Frank sing 'That's Life' or 'The Lady is a Tramp' :ohmy:

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I think the first mistake here, is that you went into Subway in the first place. Keep buying that shit and they'll prosper. You should have nipped into the local greasy spoon, they would have fulfilled your meat desire, and asked you what bread, and sauce you wanted.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
What has the nationality of the person serving got to do with your post ?

It possibly made the request more difficult to be understood. Had it been an 'English' girl he could have possibly explained and she understood his request better, and thus more able to help.

Apologies if I appeared xylophonic. I was just setting the scene. She was a lovely young lady and very polite.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What has the nationality of the person serving got to do with your post ?

It possibly made the request more difficult to be understood. Had it been an 'English' girl he could have possibly explained and she understood his request better, and thus more able to help.

I assumed that being of Eastern European origin her command and understanding of the English language wouldnt have been sufficient to explain the problem correctly. This quite often happens as I have great trouble understanding either Talktalk or Vodfone call centres because of this.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I was in Dover this morning and thought I'd nip in to a garage based Subway and get myself some brekkie.
I asked the Polish/Lithuanin/Chech young lady for a sausage and bacon sub and a coffee. I was politely informed that I could have a bacon sub or a sausage sub but they did not serve a combined bacon and sausage sub. I could have a bacon and egg sub or a sausage and egg sub but not my preferred option.
Looking up above the counter it dawned on me that there was not a picture/option for a bacon and sausage sub but undeterred I reminded the nice young lady that I thought I could have a sub "My way". She then said she didn't have any sausages. I gave up and decided to get a cheese and onion sarnie from the next door garage and when I got back in the car I put on my Frank Sinatra CD.

Hi ES, I think Dover is worse, but Hastings is not quite far behind :whistle:

Anyway read the article 'Sandwich Artists'

http://www.subway.co.uk/business/careers/default.aspx

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex

I assumed that being of Eastern European origin her command and understanding of the English language wouldnt have been sufficient to explain the problem correctly. This quite often happens as I have great trouble understanding either Talktalk or Vodfone call centres because of this.

digging.gif

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
ive never had a subway, 3 reasons.

1. The chemical smell!!!
2. "sandwich artists", I dont want someone being creative with my food on minimum wage(fight club).
3 It all looks like shit.

Last edited:

I am not surprised they have difficulty understanding if you try and order a subway roll from talk talk or Vodafone.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

What's the difference between an English girl and an 'English girl'?

(This is not a joke)

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south

Should of just gone to a proper cafe for a proper sausage and bacon sandwich. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here