Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have Ineos called Unite's bluff?

gordonchas

Jul 1, 2012
Ineos made £2 billion profit in the UK last year and $48 billion profit worldwide
l

That's one hell of a financial result considering their worldwide turnover is $43 billion.

112% net profit. Put this man in charge of everything.

Alternatively, you might be mistaken.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
They're also currently dealing with redundancies at L&G.
Busy time for Unite (bunch of wankers)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Apart from the 800 directly employed staff who could be made redundant if Ineos stands by yesterday's decision there are roughly the same number of contractors who could be out of a job too.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Apart from the 800 directly employed staff who could be made redundant if Ineos stands by yesterday's decision there are roughly the same number of contractors who could be out of a job too.

Given my time working Offshore I'm sure the Contractors are not on anything like the T's and C's that the Ineos staff currently enjoy, I'll bet they are made up by the stance of their 'brothers'.....

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Given my time working Offshore I'm sure the Contractors are not on anything like the T's and C's that the Ineos staff currently enjoy, I'll bet they are made up by the stance of their 'brothers'.....

Many of them have to chase work up and down the country and get treated like shit , so they'll be used to it.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Many of them have to chase work up and down the country and get treated like shit , so they'll be used to it.

I would put money on most of the site Contractors having been based at Grangemouth for years rather than 'chasing work up and down the country'.

I have been a Contractor on and off with the onshore and offshore Petrochemical industry (amongst others) since 1991 and don't recall being treated like shit (except having to share a cabin on Forties Bravo with 3 Sweaties - that was a bit much).

Still just 20 odd years of working in the Industry, what do I know eh?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I would put money on most of the site Contractors having been based at Grangemouth for years rather than 'chasing work up and down the country'.

I have been a Contractor on and off with the onshore and offshore Petrochemical industry (amongst others) since 1991 and don't recall being treated like shit (except having to share a cabin on Forties Bravo with 3 Sweaties - that was a bit much).

Still just 20 odd years of working in the Industry, what do I know eh?
It was a personal observation as Cleethorpes wouldn't have an all year round B&B industry without the contractors working at Lindsey Oil Refinery.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
It was a personal observation as Cleethorpes wouldn't have an all year round B&B industry without the contractors working at Lindsey Oil Refinery.

Staying in B&B's is a bit of a jump from being treated like shit!

I run my own company and chase work up and down the country which involves staying in B&B's or Travel Lodges away from home a large proportion of the year - if it doesn't upset me I fail to see why it should upset anyone else?

I'll give you that Cleethorpes might just be a step too far, still if the price is right! :thumbsup:

theboybilly

I read somewhere that McCluskey &Co wanted control of the new port at Thurrock on the Thames Estuary. The investors want nothing to do with them as is may scupper importers using their facilities with their disruptive (union) shenanigans. Given that union stupidity sent customers away when containerisation came in in the 1960s (and went a long way to the most of the business going to Rotterdam's Europort) I'm not really surprised.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Worrying precedent. Gives companies carte blanche to play hardball in a shit town with no realistic alternative employment prospects. They KNOW they've got the union by the balls. And the union knows it too. Game over in Grangemouth for meaningful negotiation.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I read somewhere that McCluskey &Co wanted control of the new port at Thurrock on the Thames Estuary. The investors want nothing to do with them as is may scupper importers using their facilities with their disruptive (union) shenanigans. Given that union stupidity sent customers away when containerisation came in in the 1960s (and went a long way to the most of the business going to Rotterdam's Europort) I'm not really surprised.

Or maybe most container business went to Rotterdam because it was mainland Europe with an established common market and also a larger market than the UK! Why would you unload goods bound for European markets in Tilbury or Southampton? No doubt the dockers had plenty of restrictive practices that didn't help but maybe they saw the writing on the wall!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here