Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have I missed something?

Whosh51

Aug 27, 2014
Lacklustre performance by a team lacking confidence going forward. Slow on build up play, poor passing accuracy. Must be more direct in attacking play, desperately in need of someone to take the chance to score.
Time to shake up the pack and get some fresh blood in who can do the job.
We deserve better performances at home than those we have seen over the past few weeks, come on show us some real desire and give the fans something to cheer.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We lost because of injuries. Dunk isn't Greer, Calde isn't Bong, Murphy isn't March and VLP isn't KLL.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We need to beat Wolves by hook or by crook.

Win ugly, win luckily, but win.

Nov 5, 2012
chichester
We need to keep things in perspective but I will start to worry if we don't pick up 3 points on Friday. The confidence has to be getting dented and getting it back in shape is not always easy. I hate football sometimes. Been a depressing couple of weeks all in all and Arsenal getting dicked by Soton just made matters worse. Still confident we will come good but we have got to keep believing. COYA!

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I await the imminent return of the Stay-up-o-meter....

D

Deleted member 2719

3 points from 15 is not promotion form and what's is worse we are losing points to our promotion rivals.
We need a massive 3 points against wolves.
Obvious I know but also fact.
No injury excuses let's just do it.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Did you miss that it is the third game in a row we have failed to score a goal in?
Did you miss that it is the fifth game without a win?
Did you miss that we have gone from being 4 points clear at the top in mid October to 2 points clear mid December (two months for teams to make up lose two points from our lead). Since Mid December to now (and we're not in January yet) we are now 4 points off top (a turn around of 6 points in two weeks).
Did you miss that yet again, it was of our own making that we lost points?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
3 points from 15 is not promotion form and what's is worse we are losing points to our promotion rivals.
We need a massive 3 points against wolves.
Obvious I know but also fact.
No injury excuses let's just do it.
This.

Win Ugly, Win luckily, Win because of a dodgy ref. Doesn't matter.

Just Win vs Wolves.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Even though we had a perfectly good goal disallowed? We did the best we could in the circumstances.

No we didnt. We didnt start with 442. We had he personnel today to do it. Instead the cautious Chris came out and thanks to Dunk and a "not lose" formation we gave them the initiative.

I know we are down to the bare bones but we do have two fit wingers, three strikers and four fit defenders. So why shoehorn Crofts in? An extra defender and a slow immobile Hemed up front. Poor team selection thus management today frankly.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
No we didnt. We didnt start with 442. We had he personnel today to do it. Instead the cautious Chris came out and thanks to Dunk and a "not lose" formation we gave them the initiative.

I know we are down to the bare bones but we do have two fit wingers, three strikers and four fit defenders. So why shoehorn Crofts in? An extra defender and a slow immobile Hemed up front. Poor team selection thus management today frankly.

Wilson is ill and didn't have a full game in him. Starting with Hemed and Zamora in that circumstance is unduly rash. Hughton did the right thing given the tools at his disposal.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Three games in 6 days. We have to manage with what we have. Not forgetting that Ipswich have won 5 away games on the trot. I don't think Hughton could have done any more.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Wilson is ill and didn't have a full game in him. Starting with Hemed and Zamora in that circumstance is unduly rash. Hughton did the right thing given the tools at his disposal.

Sorry dont agree. Start with the 442 then adjust afterwards. It was all wrong and i reckon another loss to Wolves as we revert back to caution. The plan today was not lose and we did and we didnt have the team on the pitch to rectify it. Zam and Hemed should have started. Zamora didmt play v Brentford so his last game was Boro plenty of time for recovery. He will feature at wolves then rest v Hull so again plenty of recovery time for him.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Three games in 6 days. We have to manage with what we have. Not forgetting that Ipswich have won 5 away games on the trot. I don't think Hughton could have done any more.

Against teams that are bottom of the table. CH ****ed up tonite. He has enough credit in the bank but it WAS a **** up selection wise.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
From the way some people seem to be responding to tonight's game, we have been hammered at home and are lucky to be outside the bottom three.

When did that happen?

Tonight I saw our injury-ravaged team lose only their second game of the season. It was a narrow defeat, the goal came from a mistake, we controlled large periods of the game and it was poor final balls that meant we couldn't get anything from the game. Both teams hit the woodwork and we had a goal disallowed for offside on the follow-up from a tremendous reaction save. Take Dunk's mistake out of the equation and I'm not convinced we'd have lost. A narrow defeat that leaves us in fourth place at the end of 2015. The transfer window is about to open and in a few weeks players on the injured list should become available.

Is it only me that isn't completely despondent?

Quite agree! People are acting like spoilt children at the moment. At the beginning of the season with the present squad we would have bitten off the hand that offered us a top ten finish. And let's be honest we have a worse injury crisis right now than Bournemouth!!! No team could stay consistent with the number of key injuries we've had.

Get a grip guys. We've had an unexpected fantastic run... now we are in the business end of the season and a top ten finish will still be a great achievement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here