Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have Hull blown it?

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
We are the form team going into the last weekend of the league season, so I'm fairly confident against any of them, but would prefer Hull in the final. I know I don't watch them week in week out, but I really don't think they are that good. It's almost as if they are there by accident. Plus Bruce will be crap in the Prem if they make it. Another manager who'll probably get you out of the Championship, but that's about it.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i wouldnt mind Watford at Wembley. it would be an open game, they wont go out to defend, so we can play our game too. and its the team i would least mind losing to if it came to that.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Fair point. But this Hull team are no Stoke. And Bruce is no Pulis. He'll be off like a shot given the chance.

First you get there, then you dig in. I've got a lot of respect for Stoke, it's not meant in an offensive way at all. But they were distinctly ordinary when they got promoted back in the day, they've done brilliantly since though.

I think everyone is in the same mind to be fair, we all want Hull in the play offs and get Watford out of the way, just in case.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Watford will surely annihilate Leeds, esp as they will now be without Austin and Diouf. Hull, who were terrible today apparently, are at home to Cardiff, who I can't see lying down even though they've nothing to play for.

Would much rather we avoided Watford in the Play-Off final should we get there.

I would much rather face Hull in the final than Watford, but first we have to get there.

Also, I can see Watford beating Leeds and Hull losing to Bolton or Forest in the home and aways.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I would much rather face Hull in the final than Watford, but first we have to get there.

Also, I can see Watford beating Leeds and Hull losing to Bolton or Forest in the home and aways.

If Leicester beat Forest and Bolton only draw with Blackpool Leicester will be back in play offs on the last day, a few more twists & turns maybe yet

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Yes! I think Hull have blown it. Watford are the better team and performed miracles to catch them. Most of all Hull have been in poor firm recently. Cardiff owe it to the rest of the league to play their best team and hammer them. Surely Watford will get a result against Leeds.

This has got to be a good news story for our play off chances. Bolton are the only team in form -apart from us!

Watford4ever

Jan 9, 2011
Exactly.

Saw the entire Watford game last night. Back to their best. With top flight players mainly, and some English steel, they are a class act .... compared to drab Hull.

I am glad somebody knows we do have some english talent...ok I fully accept the likes of Abdi and Vydra have certainly helped us but they are real quality.

Some of the others are squad filliers or been injured.

Actually do think the loan signing we would miss the most would be Chalobah.

Clearly like anyone else IF we went up (our home form and performances usually aren't as good..) we'd need to spend but hopefully not in a reckless way like QPR.

Ofcourse I'd like to do well but not risk the future of the club post relegation for the THIRD time!

Heck - we might even get a new stand.

:bowdown:

BTW I'd love to visit your ground so hopefully we can both do it - I presume it would be a Saturday kick-off as there aren't many mid-week games and well don't think Watford v Brighton will be picked for Sky.

Watford4ever

Jan 9, 2011
Hull were the best team we've played though and Bruce seems to be an honest manager who just gets on with the job in hand unlike some of the others in this league.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
I am glad somebody knows we do have some english talent...ok I fully accept the likes of Abdi and Vydra have certainly helped us but they are real quality.

Some of the others are squad filliers or been injured.

Actually do think the loan signing we would miss the most would be Chalobah.

Clearly like anyone else IF we went up (our home form and performances usually aren't as good..) we'd need to spend but hopefully not in a reckless way like QPR.

Ofcourse I'd like to do well but not risk the future of the club post relegation for the THIRD time!

Heck - we might even get a new stand.

:bowdown:

BTW I'd love to visit your ground so hopefully we can both do it - I presume it would be a Saturday kick-off as there aren't many mid-week games and well don't think Watford v Brighton will be picked for Sky.

Errrr

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
We'll beat whoever we play out of that lot. Just a pity Cardiff are automatics we would have stuffed them too.

Hornetbuzz

Jan 4, 2013
R

But don't you have a transfer embargo in the summer window?

It's an embargo in name only. As long as transfer approved by FL, Watford can deal as we want, and there should be no restrictions.

Anyway, wanted to return on your site and just wish you luck in the playoffs. As I posted earlier this season, good club with good fans and excellent support and you've played good football what I've seen - and you guys deserve success after all the shit you've been through after Goldstone move.

There's mixed feelings about Malky, got abuse when he left as he took half our staff and some think he'll rest players at Hull ahead of next season and would rather have Hull as other auto promoted club as perception they could be a weaker side than WFC next season when it will all be about survival. I think he is professional and doesn't want to lose and has even said he'd like us in the prem. We'll see.

Hornets v Seagulls as a prem fixture next season would be another 'derby' so hope it happens for us on Sat and you cruise the playoffs. Just do everyone a favour and thrash Hollowhead!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here