Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have found the perfect 'SLOE'

cornish seagull

cornish seagull
Feb 25, 2011
cornwall
Have been searching for days and days and tonight found 'Sloe heaven'! 6lbs in 30mins but there is this one crop of sloes that are the 'mothers' of all 'SLOES' but about 15ft up! I want this Sloe so badly! What should I do?

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
Have been searching for days and days and tonight found 'Sloe heaven'! 6lbs in 30mins but there is this one crop of sloes that are the 'mothers' of all 'SLOES' but about 15ft up! I want this Sloe so badly! What should I do?

Two options.
(1) Get a axe
(2) My prefered option. Change your drink.Gin stinks like cheap perfume and is suited EXCLUSIVELY to old women.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Get some kind of canvas or awning underneath the tree and try and get a line near the top, try tying a washing line to a bit of 2x2 and luzzing it in to the top and hope it wedges then.... shake it like crazy. either that or try somewhere else, doubt there is much pressure on stocks, lets face it, they taste awful, you need high octane spirits and kilo's of sugar in order to take the freakin taste away.

cornish seagull

cornish seagull
Feb 25, 2011
cornwall
Get some kind of canvas or awning underneath the tree and try and get a line near the top, try tying a washing line to a bit of 2x2 and luzzing it in to the top and hope it wedges then.... shake it like crazy. either that or try somewhere else, doubt there is much pressure on stocks, lets face it, they taste awful, you need high octane spirits and kilo's of sugar in order to take the freakin taste away.
Thanks for that and yes they do taste bloody awful but having taken early retirement and looking after the 'pennies' thought that this would be cheap option re: xmas presents! Oh do I hate myself for becoming the man I have always despised!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Thanks for that and yes they do taste bloody awful but having taken early retirement and looking after the 'pennies' thought that this would be cheap option re: xmas presents! Oh do I hate myself for becoming the man I have always despised!

If you like sharp tasting things then you should get a Proper Job ....geddit ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
They say pick after the first frost. If not pick, prick and freeze.

With reference to height, bride a small boy to climb the tree.

You can't make a bride out of a small boy anymore, Social Services go potty.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
the freeking thing is a myth. It's just because they tend to ripen roughly at the time of the first frost. They're ready when they're a bit squishy.

pwlr1966

Aug 7, 2011
Have you tried sloe whiskey, much better than gin!!!! use whiskey & honey....i love it, if you make it now its ready for Christmas but be warned LEAVE MY SLOES ALONE!!!

Madam Cholet

Feb 29, 2012
Whatever you do, don't try it with rose hips. Minging. I had been hoping for alcoholic rose hip syrup.... However, may I recommend chocolate orange vodka? Drink some of the vodka, top up bottle with chopped up chocolate orange (rougly one part vodka to one part chocolate orange, i.e. half a choc orange to half a bottle of vodka), put in dishwasher (with lid on very tight obviously) and run through dishwasher programme. Best drunk straightaway, still warm even. Y.U.M.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here