Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Have any of the summer signings made an impact?

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I would agree on ,Grosb he has added goals and assists for a value price

Suttner and schletto are ok based on the small fee but have not made much of a difference imho

Ryan good shot stopper and passer but I do think his size is one of the reasons we concede a fair few from set pieces

Would that be the same Ryan who has the third highest number of high claims in the Premier League...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Is this the most stupid thread title in NSC history?

It's a Buzzfeed provocative title that's got people talking. Interestingly not everyone agrees on every player and that's opinions. I think the middle table positions betweeen 9 and 12 are there for the taking had we nailed the signings but not sure we quite did - and Murray made up to some extent for the striker miss.

Mine in ranking order would be

Ryan - has looked fantastic at times, has the odd rick in him but much better than that Brum player 8.5/10
Izquierdo - has real gamebreaking Prem class and not sure Hughton has quite got best out of him 7.5/10
Gross - lovely technical player but can drift out of games and his pace is an issue 7/10
Propper - has done OK without ever dominating a midfield 6.5/10
Suttner - workmanlike but that battle between him and Bong is not the strongest tussle in the team 6/10
Greyhound - showed some promise but need to see more 6/10
Brown - has some talent but not convinced anyone knows his best position 5/10

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Ryan is an interesting one. Top goal keeper In shot stopping. If his height is an issue with conceding at set pieces, that's not his fault, but it is an issue none the less.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It's a Buzzfeed provocative title that's got people talking. Interestingly not everyone agrees on every player and that's opinions. I think the middle table positions betweeen 9 and 12 are there for the taking had we nailed the signings but not sure we quite did - and Murray made up to some extent for the striker miss.

Mine in ranking order would be

Ryan - has looked fantastic at times, has the odd rick in him but much better than that Brum player 8.5/10
Izquierdo - has real gamebreaking Prem class and not sure Hughton has quite got best out of him 7.5/10
Gross - lovely technical player but can drift out of games and his pace is an issue 7/10
Propper - has done OK without ever dominating a midfield 6.5/10
Suttner - workmanlike but that battle between him and Bong is not the strongest tussle in the team 6/10
Greyhound - showed some promise but need to see more 6/10
Brown - has some talent but not convinced anyone knows his best position 5/10

Schelotto - has been better than a 6 IMO.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
When I say impact I mean enough really give us a good chance of staying up.

From what I have seen only GrosB most consistently and Izy in patches have made a real difference. Propper has done ok but is hampered by a lack of quality or mobility around him Suttner and the Greyhound have been up and down and the jury in my mind is still out.

My concern is that we did not add enough to add to the spine of side CM, CF & CD. And the teams around us have more quality on paper in there squads which with a return to form (not given) will really hurt us.

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
Our Australian keeper and German midfield maestro have done a lot if I recall correctly. Propper's been good as well although there is a lot more to come from him, Izquierdo has shown moments of brilliance but isn't being used properly and to full effect, and the others Brown aside have been more or less what I expected, in a positive way

Last edited:

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
Pröpper, Ryan & Gross have played nearly every game so they improve the team imho. Suttner looks good & Schelotto showed promise vs Chelski. Izquierdo feels like an impact sub, a suped up KLL. Wasn't convinced by Brown. Praying new guy's hamstring is OK very shortly!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Propper, Ryan and Gross are the premier league's deals of the season and we got three of them

Well that was lucky eh?

It'll still be seriously tough but I'd rather be US than them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here