Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hating Chelsea

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I was working at five live when that all happened. Quite how he became a social media star I don't know. He's a very odd journalist, in my opinion.
He also used to do the commentary on the Lewes Women matches live stream. He was crap.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
It feels just like in kids football when the local team run by a Jose Mourinho wannabe is ultra competitive and starts tapping up the parents of the best players of every other team.
They then feel pleased with themselves that they are winning 17-0 every week, winning the league by 20 points and hoovering up the plastic silver trophies at every 6-a-side tournament throughout the summer.
A kids team of pushy parents and horrible entitled children thinking they have all done brilliantly for gathering the best talent from every other well run club with absolutely no penalty or consequence.

They have become very easy to dislike.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
After the Potter and staff debacle I literally watched all their games wanting them to lose badly. As soon as he left and we’ve REMARKABLY finished above them (which in itself closes any so called bragging rights forever between the two clubs), tied in with how much of an upgrade we got, my hatred of them has almost all but gone.

It reminds me of the Southampton Atkins season where I really detested them, then suddenly didn’t.

Always hate Palace and only Palace but weird how this mini hatred went so quickly for me…

Anyone else one way or the other…?
Funny you should say that as it was exactly the same for me.
I can’t really remember what they did wrong but boy did I despise them.
Then it went away

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Can’t stand them. Hope it totally implodes and they get battered every game.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
An utterly vile club absolutely riddled with rancid entitlement. I hope their stadium burns down and their smug f*cking fans all contract rampant gonorrhea. Especially those overseas glory-hunting brainwashed pricks from all over Africa who now FESTOON every social media post from the club with their semi-literate grandstanding drivel. God they piss me off.

Remember when we used to say things like "post of the day"?

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
An utterly vile club absolutely riddled with rancid entitlement. I hope their stadium burns down and their smug f*cking fans all contract rampant gonorrhea. Especially those overseas glory-hunting brainwashed pricks from all over Africa who now FESTOON every social media post from the club with their semi-literate grandstanding drivel. God they piss me off.
Bit over the top mate. I’ll take it as being banter though.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
You’re tired aren’t you ?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
No time for them at all. Worst of all of so called big clubs. At least City have some method to how they put squads together.
All the crap from players they want to play in CL and then sign for Chelsea. I so hope they dont qualify.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
The way that Chelsea have behaved towards Brighton over the past year has been a disgrace. That toxic club managed to extract valued players and staff away from us and turn our affection for them into sheer disgust. I am referring particularly to my former favourite Bruno, but to a lesser degree you could name another half a dozen personnel. Then they mismanage them and deride and discard the majority.... and come back again to fillet some more. Horrible club!

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
I wish nothing but the worst for Chelsea and their bell-end fans but I expect Tony Bloom likes the £225M they have handed over to us in the last year to try and emulate us.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
im sure the club has a different relationship with Chelsea than the fans do.

I think the way us fans see them is heavily influenced by the things that are all over social media, mostly-as said by I think PBOBE-99% rubbish and made up- the so called auction deadline as an example

If you look at it only from the clubs perspective, Chelsea have given us (before Caceido) over 110 Million, Levi for a year, Lamptey, Gilmore, and as a result we are undoubtedly in a better position than before.
Whilst Caceido will be missed, I think the extra 115 million will be spent wisely and so his loss will be absorbed and mitigated

We dont know what the clubs actual dealings with Chelsea were like but there were not that many official bids, each one properly submitted and rejected, up to the point it was accepted.

The fact is, whilst we all look and shake our heads at Chelseas seemingly clueless approach, based on throwing money at other clubs, thats how football works, transfers take place, managers and coaches move, backroom staff as well

So far , Brighton have done exceedingly well out of Chelseas way of working, we have a very well known succession policy in place, the chances were always that Caceido would leave in this window. I am sure plans are in place- they havent let us down in years, no need to think they will now

On the other hand, I , and most other fans, detest the plastic fans, agents, and the awful social media and hype generated for clicks. Personally I hope chelsea never win anything again, are torn apart by FFP punishments. Their whole method of recruitment seems crazy, unsustainable and likely to bring ruin as much as it will success in the long term. The arrogance shown by their fans over the caceido deal is bellendery at its finest, and the fact that we have taken them for a quarter of a billion £s in less than 18 months is just beautiful

will they come calling again? possibly, but after the Cucurella debacle, and the spanking they have got over Caceidos fee, if they do I think Bloom, Barber and co will be ready and waiting, fully prepared and able to turn any approach into an advantage for the club

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Had a rare foray onto talkShite this morning as they had a football finance expert - no, not our one - saying he thought CFC are b***ered for 23/24 on FFP already, but that Boehly had priced in a suitable fine to their financial planning. However, since the regs now permit points deductions, there's a real risk that the rest of the League could impose just that if they overshoot significantly (subject to arbitration etc.). The plan is to speed up reporting so points can be deducted from the season just after it concludes (yeah, good luck with that...).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here