Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hate seeing her smoke, love seeing her happy.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
How? Please! Tell me how!?

I hated smoking Paul with a passion. The health problems, expense, smell, infact everything associated with smoking i hated.

To give up you have to want it.I simply reached a stage in my life i simply didn't want to do it anymore. Also i didn't want to be smoking after 40 years of age.

Allen Carr's stop smoking book is well worth a read which dispels a lot of myths surrounding smoking and how nicotine warps your mind.

If you are at the Wednesday game you can borrow it.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I hated smoking Paul with a passion. The health problems, expense, smell, infact everything associated with smoking i hated.

To give up you have to want it.I simply reached a stage in my life i simply didn't want to do it anymore. Also i didn't want to be smoking after 40 years of age.

Allen Carr's stop smoking book is well worth a read which dispels a lot of myths surrounding smoking and how nicotine warps your mind.

If you are at the Wednesday game you can borrow it.

I dislike smoking. I planned to have a jar and fill with money I would spend on smoking.

I am where you were. Just need to replace the twitchy bit and I'll be fine. I am Wednesday on Friday! Will look out for you. I am South Stand!

Thanks S

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I dislike smoking. I planned to have a jar and fill with money I would spend on smoking.

I am where you were. Just need to replace the twitchy bit and I'll be fine. I am Wednesday on Friday! Will look out for you. I am South Stand!

Thanks S

Meet me outside the club shop at 7.30 and i'll bring the book.

Join quit smoking forums as they REALLY HELPED. Also have a good nose about on whyquit.com That's a great site. Educate and prepare yourself before setting a quit date. I spent weeks reading information and advice.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Thanks for the advice chaps.

Not going to dump her as she is stunningly good-looking and it's an otherwise amazing relationship.

We've been together for 3 and a half years and shes cut down massively. Just need to find a way to help with that final push.. Will try the e-cig idea and see how it goes. It's only 'social' now so I think it's time to stub it out for good.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
It's difficult.....I only gave up smoking once the kids started really noticing it and commenting on it and that may be more commitment than you're willing to go to atm :) . I dunno how old you and your GF are, I started smoking at 13, gave up aged 40 and probably started realising it was a pretty bad idea around 28 or so....and as a smoker you never notice the smell until you give up. In the end, you can't make somebody give up so it depends how far you're willing to play along with it.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

Not going to dump her as she is stunningly good-looking and it's an otherwise amazing relationship.

We've been together for 3 and a half years and shes cut down massively. Just need to find a way to help with that final push.. Will try the e-cig idea and see how it goes. It's only 'social' now so I think it's time to stub it out for good.

Great achievement mate, that's not to be taken lightly!

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011

An e-cig kit is the perfect answer then, it's much more "social" than cigarettes because you don't have to leave the pub to use it. Do your research first though (there's quite a big online "community" around them) as there are some really crappy cheapo ones.

I used one for a bit, then I moved to a country where you can still smoke in pubs and tobacco is far, far cheaper than the UK. Kinda holed me under the waterline as far as giving up was concerned!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
It's difficult.....I only gave up smoking once the kids started really noticing it and commenting on it and that may be more commitment than you're willing to go to atm :) . I dunno how old you and your GF are, I started smoking at 13, gave up aged 40 and probably started realising it was a pretty bad idea around 28 or so....and as a smoker you never notice the smell until you give up. In the end, you can't make somebody give up so it depends how far you're willing to play along with it.

A few days from 26 and GF is 25.
More than happy to go along with it as it's by no means a deal breaker, just want to be able to help more.

Congrats on quitting after so long - was it just the kids thing or any other factors?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A few days from 26 and GF is 25.
More than happy to go along with it as it's by no means a deal breaker, just want to be able to help more.

Congrats on quitting after so long - was it just the kids thing or any other factors?

But doesn't her hair stink, her clothes stink and her kiss taste like a 1980s pub carpet?

I've been right where you are and it wasn't a good place to be. Something makes up for the "smoking thing" - it's probably sex - girls who stink probably work harder.

And beyond that - she's wilfully harming her body every time she sparks up. The body that, if you have any serious intent, might be trusted to look after your baby. Why would someone do that?

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Something makes up for the "smoking thing" - it's probably sex - girls who stink probably work harder.
Bozza, comments like this affirm your supreme authority on this website. :bowdown:

malaysianseaside

Aug 29, 2012
kl, Malaysia
I quit 3 days ago and feel like i am coming down off some heavy drug, jaw shaking and feel a bit weird. I didn't think i was addicted as much as i am, so it's best that i follow through this time cause i just cannot shake this cough i have.

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
Stay strong, you really can do it - and it will make an enormous difference to your health.

Biscuit, big, high profile 'stop smoking month' is coming up soon - don't know any details, just heard an expert explaining it is a month long campaign because the scientific evidence is that if you can give up for 28 days you have probably beaten your addiction. Google it for more info, might just have some help for you and your gf. Very best wishes

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
I'm booked in to get hypnotised next weekend. Fella from my local went there 3 years ago as a 40 a day smoker and hadn't touched one since. Or even wanted to for that matter.
Could very well be the best £150 I will have ever spent.
Failing that I'm just going to have to. It'd the bullet and go cold turkey.
The e cig didn't work for me and in fact an old mate from school uses his almost every half an hour. He reckons he is more addicted to nicotine now than he ever was.
Though I do know plenty of people who say it worked for them....

malaysianseaside

Aug 29, 2012
kl, Malaysia
I'm booked in to get hypnotised next weekend. Fella from my local went there 3 years ago as a 40 a day smoker and hadn't touched one since. Or even wanted to for that matter.
Could very well be the best £150 I will have ever spent.
Failing that I'm just going to have to. It'd the bullet and go cold turkey.
The e cig didn't work for me and in fact an old mate from school uses his almost every half an hour. He reckons he is more addicted to nicotine now than he ever was.
Though I do know plenty of people who say it worked for them....

Good luck!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Nothing sexier than a woman who smokes. She may have lung cancer and dry lines around her eyes but you can't beat the edginess that you only get with a female smoker. Man-up Biscuit ffs!

Beatrice Dalle :bowdown:

beatrice-dalle-and-smoking-gallery.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here