Hastings pier on fire!

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
95% damaged. 2arrested for arson was just on sky news

D

Deleted User X18H

Is this the Hastings Pier that needed major renovation work? But was struggling to find the funds for such work? Oh I see.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Day off Tim? :ohmy:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I see a certain NSC'er has been up through the night offering updates on facebook - not that I am pointing the finger of blame...

Cheshire

Jul 20, 2003
1066 Country
Hastings and St Leonards are really a smaller poor mans version of Brighton and Hove - with much the same problems - the pier is part of it's heritage and if damaged beyond repair will be a very sad loss to the area that badly needs it's icons.

At least they have arrested two people in connection with the fire and if guilty we may be able to see if the fire is suspicious like HB&B is referring or just a drunken prank.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
It was'nt about to recieve lottery funding was it? it was'nt about to compete with the local amusement arcade franchise family was it?

Speedboat from Brighton...molotov cocktail?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
modelled on the West Peir, seems to have led a similar life story. i wonder if its listing and the entrenched views of conservationists also sealed its fate too?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
#hastingsob (Richie Morris) is having a flame war (huh) with #domjoly on Twitter if anyone cares.

Cheshire

Jul 20, 2003
1066 Country
Bit of a mess now - a very dangerous but at the moment fully complete shell. The council and the pier supporters seemed confident of the restoration needed to re-open the pier. Now I would suspect that it will be too costly to dismantle and too costly to restore. A burnt out relic of a by-gone age and an eyesore for tourists?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here