Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hasselbaink sacked

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Agree. Absolutely.
Many sackings at Cardiff but both Vincent Tan and Lakshmi Mittal are pedantically South East Asian both being Malaysian.
Wrong, Lakshmi mitral is Indian and south Asian.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Could open the door for a home coming for Ian Holloway - proven in this league and knows the club !
Ps. I like the fella despite his past connections with the scum and he frequently speaks well of the Albion

I like the fella too. Jimmy-Floyd was doomed last week, since QPR got a draw yesterday. Losing to Brentford on their own ground for the first time in 52 years, and being played off the park in the process, did for him, he looked distinctly strained on the touchline last Friday night.

Ironically in the mini-West London League, Fulham, who lost to QPR earlier this season, then beat Bees on Friday night, again by 2-0!

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I agree, Bloom's not a trigger happy chairman. Plenty in this league are, Hughton knows he has a fantastic opportunity to build something long term with us, and he has made a fantastic start. He knows that Bloom will stick with him through the inevitable dodgy spell, whereas plenty of these Chinese/Middle Eastern owned clubs think sacking their manager after a few bad results will instantly bring an upturn in fortunes. That rarely happens, so IMHO CH is staying put. He is a top-drawer manager who just oozes class, we are lucky to have him, and I sincerely believe, if we and him look around at our other options, neither could do much better.

The worst ones seem to like using Feng Shui or changing team strips so that they're "lucky". Next thing they'll be giving the players powdered rhino-horn.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
QPR will appoint former Tottenham and Aston Villa manager Tim Sherwood as their new boss later today, according to the Evening Standard.

The London club sacked Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink on Saturday after just 14 wins from 47 games in charge and with the club 17th in the Championship.

Sherwood has been without a club since leaving Villa 13 months ago.

Edit: http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...king-of-jimmy-floyd-hasselbaink-a3388881.html

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
CRjAMI-WUAANFlf.jpg

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Talking of bellends where is the ex Arsenal Man City and Spurs Striker . ? would he do a job ? Certainly fXXX up the team spirit !

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/axed-qpr-boss-jimmy-floyd-12137241

Axed QPR boss Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink hints at frustration over club's transfer policy

Axed QPR boss Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink hinted at his frustration at the club's transfer policy after his final game at Nottingham Forest.

The Dutchman was sacked after Rangers drew 1-1 at The City Ground after just 11 months in charge.

The former Burton manager was, reportedly, told of his fate by Les Ferdinand five minutes after the final whistle.

Hasselbaink kept his departure from his squad and the press after the game but suggested that the club's transfer policy, which has been previously explained by director of football Les Ferdinand, meant it would take time for QPR to challenge at the top of the table.

Rangers have slashed their budget by around 50 per cent from last season and have signed younger players, rather than bring ones with experience to the club as per recent years.

Hoops also brought in Yeni Ngbakoto, Idrissa Sylla, Pawel Wszolek and Ariel Borysiuk from abroad and the Dutchman felt they all needed time to adapt – time he wasn't given.

“We want to be in the top six but it's a process. You have to understand what is going on behind the scenes. A lot of things have changed,” Hasselbaink said after the 1-1 draw with Forest.

“We have gone with much younger players that we have to develop. We have four new foreign players and we have to give them time to get better. It takes time.”

The former boss added: “We are always looking up and Forest was a big step for the team mentally, physically and football wise.”

Tim Sherwood is the current favourite to replace the Dutchman in the Loftus Road hotseat.

The former Tottenham and Aston Villa manager has a strong relationship with director of football Les Ferdinand as well as academy director Chris Ramsey.

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
Agree. Absolutely.
Many sackings at Cardiff but both Vincent Tan and Lakshmi Mittal are pedantically South East Asian both being Malaysian.

Then we should replace the "Chinese/Middle East" owned phrase with "Asian" or "Eastern". Despite being owned by Tony Fernandes, nobody supports QPR in Malaysia :lolol: people have jumped off the bandwagon that started after QPR's spending spree in 2011-13. Same goes for Cardiff

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
The appointment of sherwood should ensure we don't have any extra candidates in the promotion race.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Haven't got time to go out buy the book and read it !! Could you save me the bother and tell us why he wouldn't go back there ?

I can't remember the details but he felt he was very unfairly treated when he was sacked. I read it quite a few years ago.

This is from Wiki

Holloway was suspended (sent on gardening leave) as manager by Queens Park Rangers on 6 February 2006. The reason given by the Q.P.R board was that the constant rumours linking Holloway to the vacant managerial position at Leicester City were causing too many problems for the club.[3] As it turned out, the Leicester job went to Rob Kelly, and QPR went on to finish 21st, just one place above the relegation positions.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I can't remember the details but he felt he was very unfairly treated when he was sacked. I read it quite a few years ago.

This is from Wiki

Holloway was suspended (sent on gardening leave) as manager by Queens Park Rangers on 6 February 2006. The reason given by the Q.P.R board was that the constant rumours linking Holloway to the vacant managerial position at Leicester City were causing too many problems for the club.[3] As it turned out, the Leicester job went to Rob Kelly, and QPR went on to finish 21st, just one place above the relegation positions.

Thanks !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here