Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

has there ever been a Brighton player who has divided opinion as much as Ashley Barnes

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Andy Kennedy certainly had his knockers

Bish Bosh

Aug 10, 2005
Wish it was in the EU
Teddy Maybank is it for me.

Like Barnes, Teddy was the subject of heated debates between supporters and even good mates who were fans. He did exactly that - divide opinion.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Teddy Maybank

Ted had an ability to produce the sublime, but as soon as Ward was left out, the crowd turned on him.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Teddy Maybank

Ted had an ability to produce the sublime, but as soon as Ward was left out, the crowd turned on him.

Couldn't buy a goal at home, more likely to find him horizontal on the pitch, scored some sublime stuff away from home.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
El Adb, when at withdean?

lighthouse

Feb 27, 2008
north hampshire
I remember Peter O'Sullivan being regularly booed when his name was read out in his early days at the club.

It is amazing how often the players that the moaners choose to pick on go on to be Albion heroes!

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Another vote for Teddy Maybank, never rated him. Remember when both Maybank and Paul (Tank) Clarke made their Goldstone debuts at the same game. Bloke on the tannoy announces "and let's give a big Goldstone welcome to our new signings Paul Clarke" (big cheer from the crowd) "and Teddy Maybank" (low murmurs and a few groans).

Charlie Oatway I'd say even more than Barnes

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Teddy Maybank is it for me.

Like Barnes, Teddy was the subject of heated debates between supporters and even good mates who were fans. He did exactly that - divide opinion.

Agree

Another Teddy Maybank call here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here