Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has the squad really improved this year?

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
Probably not in my opinion. How did we manage to stay up last season - Big Lloyd Owusu, 7 goals and 2 assists in 13 games. We have no one now who can play that role, certainly not the petulent and moany Dickinson. We need someone to get in the box, take a few knocks and get stuck in where it hurts. Add Calvin Andrew who was pacy and strong, 3 goals in as many games + a few sub appearances, and a proper left back in Gary Borrowdale, a settled midfield for the last few games even if it did include Fraser Loft and Cox, + Dicker, and you would have to say that the side that finished last season was better than the current team. The only exception would be Elliott Bennett, Slades only good signing this summer, everyone else is no better than what we had, or worse!

I would get Andrew back now, he's much better than anything we have at the moment, and we should have signed an experienced left back on loan for 3 months to cover McNulty, it was pointless signing Jake Wright as he had not played at this level and we did not need "one for the future" we needed someone who could slot in straight away!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Yes it has.

It's bad coaching

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Yeah sorry mate this squad is far better than last season, the coaches and manager are f***ing it up.

Cox, Loft, Fraser, Dicker or

Dicker, Crofts, Bennett, A.Davies or Thornhill

I know which set of midfielders I would rather have!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Not in defence it seems at this moment in time....how many of the old guard played saturday 4 wasn't it ...they were'nt good enuff last season and its showing again now

the hitman

Jan 17, 2008
Viva Las Burgess Hill
The squad has improved, the only area that hasnt is defence. The two center halfs in Virgo and Elphick are just a joke, neither are good enough! We need to put alot of money in getting a experianced center half in to partner Tunnicliffe.

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
Not in defence it seems at this moment in time....how many of the old guard played saturday 4 wasn't it ...they were'nt good enuff last season and its showing again now

It was 3 at the back, but I accept Virgo and Elphick are not the best, but we are still playing ElAbd at left back when we should have got someone like Borrowdale on loan from day one as everyone knew Mcnulty would take time to get back. And we haven't replaced Owusu, you could put the ball in his general vicinity and he would make something happen with his physical presence. Unfortunately, however talented he may be, Dickinson has the physical presence of a soggy paper bag! It gave last years midfielders options that they simply don't have now and we are much less effective. It may not have been pretty, but it did work.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here