Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has the Paddy party ended before its begun??

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Bit harsh then, he's hardly played. Think he looks much more dangerous than Texeirra. Would swap them and play Paddy for 60 and Tex for 30.

Actually Sami's change of heart on formation could be very good news for Paddy - we now have 3 creative playmaking roles in the team (left and right wing types and attacking midfielder) whereas before we were lucky if we got two (usually the two playing off the striker).

Paddy could fit into any of those 3 roles. If we hadn't been trying to defend our lead on Tuesday (instead of our usual great trick of falling behind), then I'm sure he would have been brought on.

With more wins maybe Sami will have the confidence to bring him on to take the 1-0 to the 2-0 - and dictate play more. But baby steps for our great winning run of 1 game yeah?

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
He has his Ricky Villa moments, but from what I've seen so far not much of what he tries actually comes off.

Other than laying a goal on a plate for someone with that mazy run v Rovrum, whats he actually done so far ? Can't think of much.

That run at spurs was quality.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
His ability to ghost past the opposition was what was missing last night.

No it wasn't. What was missing was a better balance in the midfield, primarily a defence shield that came when Ince finally came on. We were overrun with fancy dan creative players but Tex had a good game from a creative perspective and he was the one Paddy would have been in for. Stunning pass to release Baldock for the cross for Gardner to score and unlucky when he hit the bar.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He isn't that good otherwise he wouldn't be plying his trade at first Barnsley and now us

You may be right Ernest, but to be honest, I just want to go along and excited by what I see. Last season was dull and dour and this season has been largely abysmal. Literally, the only time I have moved to the edge of my seat is when Paddy gets the ball.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
You may be right Ernest, but to be honest, I just want to go along and excited by what I see. Last season was dull and dour and this season has been largely abysmal. Literally, the only time I have moved to the edge of my seat is when Paddy gets the ball.

He is a flair player but is not tuned in with our team thus a fish out of water

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't think I've seen anything from him to justify the adulation he gets on here. I don't think he's bad, or whatever, I haven't really formed an opinion because he hasn't played much. I just don't get the rave reviews he has gotten.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here