Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Has the football season started for you yet?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Yes it has why wouldn't it? Two thumping 3-0 wins and a home cup win

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Same every season. After what seems like an ETERNITY, proper football finally starts up in August and just gets interesting when it all closes down again in September and we all sit around kicking our heels for a couple of weeks so the national sides can miserably fail to bond at their training camps and fail to impress in meaningless friendlies.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Same every season. After what seems like an ETERNITY, proper football finally starts up in August and just gets interesting when it all closes down again in September and we all sit around kicking our heels for a couple of weeks so the national sides can miserably fail to bond at their training camps and fail to impress in meaningless friendlies.

This, with knobs on. Is it really to benefit the national teams, or is it just another edict from Sky so that the only game in town is their bloody transfer window slamming shut channel (aka Sky Sports News)?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
This, with knobs on. Is it really to benefit the national teams, or is it just another edict from Sky so that the only game in town is their bloody transfer window slamming shut channel (aka Sky Sports News)?

At least there's no 'arry Redknapp and "he's a good little player. Any manager would be interested in 'im" as he's driving out of Sandbanks, only to sign Niko Krancjar for the 9th time.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Its an increasing problem for many. Season starts too early, I would much prefer a later August start and a later May finish. Would see bigger crowds at the start of the season as a result and no drop off at the back end.

Fortunately I got lucky and got our family holiday in early before the start of the season so have been to every game, but I can see the problem.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I've been a bad fan so far this season, only made the Forest game. Missed the other two home games due to lack of babysitters. The international break has come at the wrong time as I need a fix of football.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Also agree with others that the international break is too early in the season. Don't see why tis game can't be moved further back into the season. There are some obvious gaps, but sadly we are dictated to by UEFA.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Due to an ill-timed holiday (although, I had very little choice about when we could go this year), I've yet to see the Albion play bar watching the second-half of the Forest game on my laptop.

Getting home yesterday, one of the things I was looking forward to was going to a game this weekend and getting back into football mode properly. This morning I take a look at the fixture list to discover it's a sodding international break and I have to wait until nearly mid-September for my first game.

Anyone else yet to see a game this season?

Bad fan

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Nope. Not really. Saw the Forest game in a pub in Oswestry. Got to the Rotherham game. Toon in the King & Queen. Away on holiday for the next 2 home games. Gah.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

I may be wrong, but isnt this break for World Cup qualifiers?

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I have yet to watch a live game (apart from on TV) but thats mainly down to Location & Finance, that said, we are working on it!! ......well after our holiday which starts next Saturday for 2 weeks.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Yes, Slovakia v England is one of them next Sunday I think....

Excellent. We can make six more changes for no reason and draw 0-0 again.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
NOPE

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Also agree with others that the international break is too early in the season. Don't see why tis game can't be moved further back into the season. There are some obvious gaps, but sadly we are dictated to by UEFA.
Why not have the internationals at the start of august? I imagine I'm not the only one not caring one iota whether we win or lose to whichever insignificant European country we play as it'll make no difference if we get to the world cup anyway.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I have yet to watch a live game (apart from on TV) but thats mainly down to Location & Finance, that said, we are working on it!! ......well after our holiday which starts next Saturday for 2 weeks.

Is that a clever plan, because all the little blighters are back to school or work permitting :)

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Is that a clever plan, because all the little blighters are back to school or work permitting :)

Sort of, we are staying in a 5 star (not meaning to brag cos I'm not) adults only hotel, we booked it quite a few months ago (near the beginning of the year I think :shrug: she booked it) we have done our kids stint, so for us it is a bit of "us" time (we both work full time) but sadly to many parents ignore the rules regarding school terms / holidays (can't say I blame them as prices are stupid during school holiday times!) all that said, I have gone past booking holidays around the football season.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Sort of, we are staying in a 5 star (not meaning to brag cos I'm not) adults only hotel, we booked it quite a few months ago (near the beginning of the year I think :shrug: she booked it) we have done our kids stint, so for us it is a bit of "us" time (we both work full time) but sadly to many parents ignore the rules regarding school terms / holidays (can't say I blame them as prices are stupid during school holiday times!) all that said, I have gone past booking holidays around the football season.

Similar position to my wife and myself, no kids, but do have nephews to stay in the summer, being near London, the cost seems to be hyped up.
Worth every penny though :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here