Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Stephens gone off the boil?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Not gone off the boil but clearly tired with Kayal. Surprised that we haven't started rotating with Sidwell. Wouldn't be at all surprised if we did on Tuesday night.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
He was just OK yesterday, but against Brentford I thought he had his poorest game for some time.

Looked off the pace and his passing was very poor.

Still a quality player and key to our success

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Finished the game very strongly. Snuffed out the Bolton response in the last 20 minutes. Blocked or tackled everything. Definitely his best game for a while and benefiting from Knockers as an outlet.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I thought he had a good game, he was treading on egg shells for a while in the first half after his booking but second half I thought he was back to his best.
I was surprised he wasn't substituted at half-time as I felt he was a tackle away from a red card, so credit where credit is due to last the whole game.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Not been as incredible as some others in the side but still plays well. Kayal can't be dropped but a single game off for Stephens might rest him and spur him on

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
People underestimate how difficult it is to play in a 4-4-2 central midfield pairing, especially when the majority of teams we face, especially at the Amex play either 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 meaning our central midfielders are often out numbered, I think both Stephens and Kayal struggled in our scoreless period as most of the team did with the injuries we had and a hugely destabilised squad but they have now picked up again in the face of more competition for places (Crofts/Sidwell) and the return of vital players from injury.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here