Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Poyet taken us as far as he can?

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Playing devils advocat here. Maybe partially a knee jerk reaction from today, but also thinking of the season so far. Poyets love affair with Barnes, his lack of a striker despite 2 seasons trying to get one and maybe my perceived lack of progress from last season. Is it time to say thanks Gus, but time to get someone else to take us to a better level?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Finance is his biggest gripe. He has basically said that when he hits the roof (translated as he can't take us any further!) then he will be off. So, can the board find the cash to take us to the next level?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
What 'perceived' lack of progress? The team is of much higher quality this year. Whereas last season we were winnng matches and wondering how, this term we've put in very few poor performances, even if the results have fallen short sometimes.

We are now very close to being a top, top Championship side.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Playing devils advocat here. Maybe partially a knee jerk reaction from today, but also thinking of the season so far. Poyets love affair with Barnes, his lack of a striker despite 2 seasons trying to get one and maybe my perceived lack of progress from last season. Is it time to say thanks Gus, but time to get someone else to take us to a better level?

perhaps u might have had a look at a thread started earlier this evening on the same subject before one of your own...you could play devils advocate over there ..just a thought :)

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Mr/Mrs/Ms or Master Diffbroook, your kind of thread makes me want to utterly despair with fair-weather Albion supporters. We were not the bee's knees today (have you ever had an off day, probably not, reading your message) but why would you forget just a week ago, against Bolton, where it could not get much better...other than the daft result. We are approaching (and enjoying) probably the most exciting and encouraging period in our history. Surely this Gus chap you want to get rid of and his boss Tony are getting things better than we could have ever hoped for... and really bloody quickly. You mentioned knee-jerk... and that's exactly it. Sit back and enjoy our beautiful progress with a smile and gratefulness... you miserable whatsit!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here