Has Oscar Offered his Resignation?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
I think this is a nothing story, maybe Oscar did offer his resignation, he is a man of principle. Maybe he thought he had let the board and Fans down. I fully expect Tony to sit down with him and between the both of them sort this out so that Oscar can get on with planning for next season. Some of the fans on here are very short sighted, we went through a manager change last season and that cost us as it put us behind at the start of the season. I can not believe that Oscar is being blamed for finishing in the playoffs. Most people at the beginning of the season would have taken mid table. Any manager that comes into this club, would need to now get a playoff place next season, as his 2 previous predecessors have. People need to realise that we do not have the financial clout that a lot of teams in the division have. We are doing really well to keep up with the teams that have a far bigger budget then us. We are going to have a lot of clubs in this league next season who have the benefit of parachute payments and it will be a lot harder to get anywhere near the top 6. Some of you need to get your head out of your arses.

Great post. 100% agree.

Secondly there are more than a few contradicting theories on here and twitter. One person says he is off because he doesn't make the decisions or have the money in the transfer market. Another says he could not care less who we sign. Truth is no one knows anything.

devonsi

"By-The-Sea"
Dec 26, 2008
Plymouth
It has to be Malky Mac :)
Eddie Howe
Or anyone who can turn Our procession game into Goals!Goals!Goals!
(But well done Oscar & all involved in getting us to within sight of the Prem, inspite of: Poyets tantrum, FFP, Catastrophic injurys & Abysmal Official's :p UTA)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think this is a nothing story, maybe Oscar did offer his resignation, he is a man of principle. Maybe he thought he had let the board and Fans down. I fully expect Tony to sit down with him and between the both of them sort this out so that Oscar can get on with planning for next season. Some of the fans on here are very short sighted, we went through a manager change last season and that cost us as it put us behind at the start of the season. I can not believe that Oscar is being blamed for finishing in the playoffs. Most people at the beginning of the season would have taken mid table. Any manager that comes into this club, would need to now get a playoff place next season, as his 2 previous predecessors have. People need to realise that we do not have the financial clout that a lot of teams in the division have. We are doing really well to keep up with the teams that have a far bigger budget then us. We are going to have a lot of clubs in this league next season who have the benefit of parachute payments and it will be a lot harder to get anywhere near the top 6. Some of you need to get your head out of your arses.

Oscar said publicly that he was unhappy with the January transfer window. We were the only Championship team left weaker, was his quote. He has also complained about the budget. He wants away from the club and the board will need to work hard to keep him.
I said a few weeks ago that I thought he would walk.

Those who want Malky Mackay should also remember that he had plenty of money to spend with Cardiff.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Been a fan since 75 have had many st at the goldstone withdeen and gfc so that's y im here

No, sorry, real fans have +1,000 NSC posts, you are a fake.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013

This. Every single letter of this. Excellent. :bowdown:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

If I am being honest I don't think people are all that disappointed with our league position, or not going up. I think people are disappointed with the way we have been playing.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
We may well have loftier ambitions than our current capabilities,.....
I think this is what bemuses most of us fans more than anything to be honest,... we all see teams like Leicester, Burnley and Derby, seemingly recruiting better and paying more ( on the face of it at least) than we are, we then say look, we are better supported, have better facilities and better prospects than most in the division but cannot compete when recruiting. What is the issue? are we just run with too much of a squeeze on the budget, or is it that we have a poor front of house image? I get the vibe then that its a personality issue in the back office somewhere ( Chairman, Board, management), I cant pin down what else it could be. I dont really want to wait until Gus does an autobiography to find out, it is doubly tiring travelling 300 miles for every home game on top of these constant back room shenanigans...... very wearing.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
If I am being honest I don't think people are all that disappointed with our league position, or not going up. I think people are disappointed with the way we have been playing.
No, Playoffs is a nice bonus, we have just folded with a whimper when it really matters, 2 years in a row,..... followed by <insert issue of choice> GATE.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Firstly apologies to the OP for dismissing this story as 'tosh' - I for one hope Oscar stays, I can't be the only one who is deeply disturbed by the similarities (allegedly) in Oscar's complaints and those of Poyet. It would seem to suggest all is not well on the good ship Albion despite the claims of those who run the club. I support the desire to remain within the FFP guidelines but surely any decent manager would think twice about joining us if the level of interference from above is as reported. If Oscar goes to a premier league club that's two excellent mangers who've flown the coop due to a 'lack of ambition and support' from our board. This is a worry and sits at odds with the premier league ready pr that Burke and Barber speak of. Also, I imagine Oscar would have received certain assurances before he signed his contract with us, do the good folks of NSC believe these assurances were not met?

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Still going to hope that there is nothing to see here - waiting for positive news later today.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Firstly apologies to the OP for dismissing this story as 'tosh' - I for one hope Oscar stays, I can't be the only one who is deeply disturbed by the similarities (allegedly) in Oscar's complaints and those of Poyet. It would seem to suggest all is not well on the good ship Albion despite the claims of those who run the club. I support the desire to remain within the FFP guidelines but surely any decent manager would think twice about joining us if the level of interference from above is as reported. If Oscar goes to a premier league club that's two excellent mangers who've flown the coop due to a 'lack of ambition and support' from our board. This is a worry and sits at odds with the premier league ready pr that Burke and Barber speak of. Also, I imagine Oscar would have received certain assurances before he signed his contract with us, do the good folks of NSC believe these assurances were not met?
Just read in the times that Celta Vigo may have made an approach for Oscar.. Has he been tapped up ?

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
The last thing we need is another manager change, a summer of uncertainty and a new regime....

For me, we have done better than expected - I thought maybe mid table this year...In his first season he took us to 6th place despite all the injuries.....Stay on Oscar!

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
My own twopenneth worth (probably overvalued at that), is that if Oscar does go, it would be a shame, but not a disaster. I just hope that any new manager coming in comes in quickly and has a chance to assess the current squad before the retained list goes up on the board.

Talking of the squad, I think it is clear that we weren't good enough this season, either through injuries or depth of squad. But surely the true measure of any manager is squeezing the best out of what he's got. After all, didn't Alf Ramsay say he always picked the best side, not the best players (in the context of not selecting Jimmy Greaves). So, given (if my assessment is correct) that the players weren't good enough to beat Derby, by token of the fact we got there in the first shows Garcia did a reasonable job. I am strongly suspicious of any manager who complains about the size of the budget (Mr Poyet?) as surely they know what they are getting into in the first place. A manager should be employed on his tactical ability and leadership qualities. Just look at Burnley for how to do it - they aren't awash with superstar talent and they haven't spent loads, they've actually built a team that plays as a team.

Ultimately, whatever will be, will be. The club goes on, and we will continue to support it.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Still going to hope that there is nothing to see here - waiting for positive news later today.

This. Bloom has to take note that a second successive manager has had similar issues and needs to act to ensure Oscar stays. We will never achieve anything without stability.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
BBC Sussex have just had some chappie on from the independent and he implied Oscar has been unhappy since January and not getting the transfer targets he wanted and that this was due to the fact Mr Tony Bloom could not actually attend the transfer negotiations himself. He implied that because Tony lives in Australia for six months of the year this hinders the club in some aspects as he leaves it in the care of others.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
BBC Sussex have just had some chappie on from the independent and he implied Oscar has been unhappy since January and not getting the transfer targets he wanted and that this was due to the fact Mr Tony Bloom could not actually attend the transfer negotiations himself. He implied that because Tony lives in Australia for six months of the year this hinders the club in some aspects as he leaves it in the care of others.

This. Bloom has to take note that a second successive manager has had similar issues and needs to act to ensure Oscar stays. We will never achieve anything without stability.

TBF it looks both managers have done what they can with the squad and its clear that we need a few top quality signings otherwise it looks like IF we crawl into the playoffs we are always gonna come up short.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports