Has Oscar Offered his Resignation?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
It amazes me that people always assume the club and how it is ran are to blame for these departures. Gus wanted out in march as he was being pursued by other clubs in higher divisions and some of these reports are suggesting Garcia has interest from the premier and la liga.

Could this not just be another case of an up and coming manager been dazzled by the bright lights of the top divisions?

chrissyboy01

Sep 24, 2011
If OG wanted out, he'd simply go, not "offer to resign". If he has offered, I read it as him saying "we were poor, it's my fault, I'll go if you want". Ergo he'll be here for a good while longer.

He is still under contract, so to 'simply go' would be a breach of said contract.

GM98

Sep 6, 2008
Shoreham
Oscar has offered his resignation

Reports on BBC Oscar has offered his resignation, and states he has not been happy since January, meeting with Bloom today

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I think Brighton has a very unique set up in terms of player recruitment, compared to other English teams. That is why Brighton fans generally believe that there is a problem. I don't think that Oscar has a problem with the set-up (I think Gus did. This system was put in place while he was here and I don't think he liked the fact he had the responsibiititys taken away from him). I think that he is upset with the transfer dealings. It has been hard for him this season with important players being sold and injured.

I think he needs an arm around him from Tony and tell him we have faith in him, and assure him that this season isn't the norm in terms of injuries and star players going and not replaced.

I also think that if there is a slightly deeper problem, then its the fact, so far we can't afford the ambitions we have. Bloom and Barber both seem convinced that FFP will work in the long term. This is when we will be able to afford our ambitions, until then the players we need will just be out of reach, hopefully that will start from this summer, if not January, when the transfer embargos start.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
You must be Nigel Adkins if you're that bad at keeping up.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Have you heard the rumours about some bloke born in Bethlehem who is a bit like Derren Brown?

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I think this is a nothing story, maybe Oscar did offer his resignation, he is a man of principle. Maybe he thought he had let the board and Fans down. I fully expect Tony to sit down with him and between the both of them sort this out so that Oscar can get on with planning for next season. Some of the fans on here are very short sighted, we went through a manager change last season and that cost us as it put us behind at the start of the season. I can not believe that Oscar is being blamed for finishing in the playoffs. Most people at the beginning of the season would have taken mid table. Any manager that comes into this club, would need to now get a playoff place next season, as his 2 previous predecessors have. People need to realise that we do not have the financial clout that a lot of teams in the division have. We are doing really well to keep up with the teams that have a far bigger budget then us. We are going to have a lot of clubs in this league next season who have the benefit of parachute payments and it will be a lot harder to get anywhere near the top 6. Some of you need to get your head out of your arses.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
I think this is a nothing story, maybe Oscar did offer his resignation, he is a man of principle. Maybe he thought he had let the board and Fans down. I fully expect Tony to sit down with him and between the both of them sort this out so that Oscar can get on with planning for next season. Some of the fans on here are very short sighted, we went through a manager change last season and that cost us as it put us behind at the start of the season. I can not believe that Oscar is being blamed for finishing in the playoffs. Most people at the beginning of the season would have taken mid table. Any manager that comes into this club, would need to now get a playoff place next season, as his 2 previous predecessors have. People need to realise that we do not have the financial clout that a lot of teams in the division have. We are doing really well to keep up with the teams that have a far bigger budget then us. We are going to have a lot of clubs in this league next season who have the benefit of parachute payments and it will be a lot harder to get anywhere near the top 6. Some of you need to get your head out of your arses.

I think you are missing the point, Oscar is the one that is unhappy - and has been since Feb 1st. We may well have loftier ambitions than our current capabilities, but apparently so does Oscar. I don't expect him to be with the club this time next week, and haven't done since February.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports