Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Naylor declared war on NSC?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I thought the club wanted to know people's concerns? The vast majority seem to be, this was amazing, that and that were amazing, but we waited an hour to be served. If true seems a perfectly legit complaint to me and sure will be sorted. What's the drama Naylor?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Nayor you're a f***ing prick (print that in your paper) and a f***ing prick just for this comment alone:

"Albion do seem to have a moronic element more prevalent in my experience than at many other clubs."

In your experience! In your experience of gauging moronic supporter levels at clubs up and down the country. How long have you been spending your time gauging moronic supporter levels exactly? What does it involve exactly? Is it an exact science? I'm sorry but not even a spotty 12 year old writing for a fanzine would write something as ridiculous as that. Pathetic.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Nayor you're a f***ing prick (print that in your paper) and a f***ing prick just for this comment alone:

"Albion do seem to have a moronic element more prevalent in my experience than at many other clubs."

In your experience! In your experience of gauging moronic supporter levels at clubs up and down the country. How long have you been spending your time gauging moronic supporter levels exactly? What does it involve exactly? Is it an exact science? I'm sorry but not even a spotty 12 year old writing for a fanzine would write something as ridiculous as that. Pathetic.

:lolol:

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
That comment ("Albion do seem to have a moronic element more prevalent in my experience than at many other clubs.") is totally out-of-line. Our fans seem to have more friendships with other clubs than rivalries (by which I mean, for every Crystal Palace we've got a Donny Rovers). How "many other clubs" can say that? There are plenty of things Brighton fans can be legitimately accused of, but this isn't one of them.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
The Amex is our home and fans would like everything just so. This includes service at food stands etc. It is always said that we do not complain enough in our society and when we do we get shot down on flames. No pleasing some people.

I for one, (I am sure others would agree), we are extremely grateful to TB and his project team for building a fantastic stadium where we can watch a good quality of football, (lets hope), but for Andy Naylor to make these comments to the general public I feel is very unwise. Using the comments "moronic element of Albion's fanbase" is a huge generalisation and goes to show he does not understand Brighton fans. I would almost go as far to say he is being a bigot!!
Slight correction Seagull 1967...his actual words were..."SOME of more moronic element of Albions fanbase,every club has them, so to say 'SOME' is not a huge generalisation.Totally agree with you opening sentence though.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
That comment ("Albion do seem to have a moronic element more prevalent in my experience than at many other clubs.") is totally out-of-line. Our fans seem to have more friendships with other clubs than rivalries (by which I mean, for every Crystal Palace we've got a Donny Rovers). How "many other clubs" can say that? There are plenty of things Brighton fans can be legitimately accused of, but this isn't one of them.

Actually, for all thevpeople who want to have a dust up with palace fans, there are a he'll of a lot of people who have palace supporting mates, developed friendships through the Remf organisation and have moved on. Yes, I scorn their club and laugh heartily at their results, but that is where it stops.

On twitter naylor reckons we have over reacted to a throw away comment......I am not sure writing a column in a paper referring to moronic fans can be regarded as an over reaction...rather a decent response

heavyweightsrbest

Oct 10, 2009
When a club gets bigger, every thing gets bigger including the complaints. At least it shows people care. A little silly of Mr Naylor to use the word moronic, but maybe he was just trying to stoke up another story line.

Actually, for all thevpeople who want to have a dust up with palace fans, there are a he'll of a lot of people who have palace supporting mates, developed friendships through the Remf organisation and have moved on. Yes, I scorn their club and laugh heartily at their results, but that is where it stops.

On twitter naylor reckons we have over reacted to a throw away comment......I am not sure writing a column in a paper referring to moronic fans can be regarded as an over reaction...rather a decent response

I would also add that printing the story in the paper cannot be classed as "Throw away comment"

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Better team, better stadium, better pies, better manager, better PA, better pitch. When we gonna get a better local reporter?

Lush

Mods' Pet
Isn't the use of the word 'moron' as an insult akin these days to the use of the phrase 'window licker'? Should we be making an official complaint to the Press Complaints Commission on behalf of people with learning disabilities? :shrug:

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
This is a forum......good and bad......Andy Naylor has a view , i just wish the debate was within the forum. Well structured views which can be debated,without the need to "slag " is the essance of a vibrant forum. Our thoughts on the Amex last sat , i thought on the whole were very positve,we only want the best , we are fans ! If the Amex management want feedback then NSC is the very best place to look.........The Amex ,for us is Mecca !!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here