Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Naylor declared war on NSC?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Define unconstructive criticism?

The club have thanked NSC for the feedback.. So I don't see what Naylors problem is. Obviously just needed something to fill up some space on the pages.

Maybe he should take a chill pill and stop moaning.

The club have thanked NSC for it's constructive feedback. Constructive criticism is surely comments that are helpful even if negative, service was bad but might have helped to have more staff, better signage, beers ready before HT etc. etc. Coming on and saying the service was a shambles and a joke, is not constructive, it's just a moan, and after Saturday there was a lot of it...

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

Kind of set myself up for that one..
I just fail to see how a few people saying "I had to wait for a pie for bloody ages" is worthy of this article.
This chill pill thing could catch on. If they're not available at the Amex I'm going to be f***ing FURIOUS which will in turn heighten my need for a chill pill and a vicious cycle will begin.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Kind of set myself up for that one..
I just fail to see how a few people saying "I had to wait for a pie for bloody ages" is worthy of this article.
This chill pill thing could catch on. If they're not available at the Amex I'm going to be f***ing FURIOUS which will in turn heighten my need for a chill pill and a vicious cycle will begin.

We should start the campaign now. :thumbsup:

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
Naylor should remember the days of the newspaper as the only avenue of news is long gone. N ews and info on the Albion break quicker on the internet and we don't need the view of a reporter to tell us about BHA. I for one very rarely buy the argus because the news on the Albion is there on the net, he's view is of no value to me.

Stu1

Sep 21, 2004
Leeds
I find it quite offensive that mr naylor should make fun out of people that may need to take medication through no fault of there own, in fact i wonder if the Argus has a descrimination awareness policy?

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Feedback is useful both for Directors and supporters, I will take in food until such time as the problem has been sorted out,comments regarding Bus and Train services to the stadium have also been useful in deciding how i will travel

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Does that answer your 'generalisations' point?

Not quite, what proportions does Naylor use to put the Albion fanbase into 'majority' 'minority'? 51% of fans are ok, 49% morons? Or is it 99% ok and 1% spackers? Any number combination in between? What if it's a LARGE minority? Who's in it? Who's out? How has he measured this? Empirical evidence, or did he just pull it out of his ass?

Sussex By The Sea
Jul 21, 2011
The Clock will be tick tocking soon enough.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I've not read the whole thread but I think the article was reasonable in some regards, but unreasonable in others.

I think some comments on here are over the top but in general are spot on. But frankly where would the club be without NSC? In general the club have been given brilliant feedback from fans on here, far better than most businesses can rely on.

Also, the site provides loads of advice to others which save calls and emails to the club.

Perhaps this part should form part of the next Naylor article!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sorry I have been on the Argus website but could not find the link to an article in todays Argus by Andy Naylor.

In this article he takes to task those on NSC who have highlighted problems at the Amex. He says that these people are wrong to criticise things like the queues at food kiosks, the lack of clock and the memorial stones. He also goes on to say that internet forums give a mouthpiece to some of the moronic element of Albion's fanbase.

The guy's an idiot. Through NSC the club get instant feedback about what works and what doesn't. Which is the whole point of a ramp-up event. How else would they get that feedback? As well as some tremendous suggestions to fix the broken bits. NSC is providing a far more valuable service to the club than the Argus ever could. Fact.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
IMO (and contrary to most on NSC) I quite like Naylor's reports of Albion games. At least on the whole he appears to have been at the same match as me. (although I believe Brian Owen is better.)

However calling people 'morons' is quite uncalled for - most of the 'complaints' raised after the SSCF were valid points, aimed at the club so the club could improve the situation.

After having fought for so long and hard to get our Stadium, we have the right to point out whatever glitches we may have found. The club have stressed all along that they want people to stay behind to have a beer/food, so helping the flow of people after the games. If it takes upward of 40 minutes to get said drink, and then there is nowhere to put your drinks, then nobody will stay, and 20,000 people will all leave the stadium at the same time. If the club weren't aware of the problems at the SSCF they are now.

Personally I don't see that as moaning, it's just meant as constructive criticism and dialogue, which the club has always encouraged.

If he wants to find moaning fans, he should check out the forums of his beloved Stoke, where despite continuous Premiership football, Pulis' style of football is regularly under attack.

libra-gully

Jan 26, 2011
What Naylor has lost sight of is rightly or wrongly, football is now part of the service industry.

I believe for the most part, the club want to hear about 'problems' otherwise how else will they find out about issues. Ok there has been some over the top comments, but for the most part the views I have seen have been constructive.

With so many 'new' supporters, if the product (by which I mean the total package) is not up to scratch, then these days people being suitably informed, will then simply not renew their STs next season, and will spend their cash elsewhere.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Like a few on here, I actually like Naylors reports of games but where he's failed on this one is to appear to group together the WHOLE of NSC as a bunch of internet moaners and morons. Andy then comes across like some old-style chairman or director of a club, who thinks no one should criticise - after all who gives a toss what supporters think eh? Yes there are moaners (in all walks of life) but a lot of the 'criticism' that he highlighted was meant to be constructive and aimed at helping the club.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
well said to all on this page,
club will require all feedback,
especially as they want us to arrive early stay/ late,
hope Azure get their act together soon,
they should have had their own ramp-up day before the big ramp-up,scrimped on staff last sat IMO

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
The issue is not Andy Naylor.
What is the point of ramp up events guys ?

I think 99% of people on here completely understand the rationale for ramp up events, and where necessary have provided very useful feedback. Naylor might characterise some of that as "whinging", but I'm sure the club would agree that pretty much all the comments have been valid. I think Naylor is possibly slightly concerned that NSC seems to get to the news before he does, and has taken the opportunity to have a pop at it - if he can discredit NSC, then he looks better. I think he probably believes we're a bunch of spotty-faced lager louts with very few brain cells to rub together.

I don't imagine for one minute that we have any more moaners than the next club - and as has rightfully been pointed out, where would the club be without the focal point of NSC over the past decade?

Personally I don't read Naylor that much, and when I do I find his stories rather too cliche-ridden for my liking - I think after today's little outburst I'll read him even less....he has certainly gone down in my estimation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here