Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Naylor declared war on NSC?

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I can understand as a manager myself why Gus doesn't want a clock in the stadium !!
Remember folks "In Gus we trust " !!!
On the other hand I can understand some people getting peeved about things of the ilk that there are certain individuals on here who think that everyone else's opinions are wrong and that they are always right NOT THE CASE WHATSOEVER !!!
Anyway lovely stadium, brilliant board, great Manager and fantastic players !! C'MON THE ALBION !!!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
One issue that EVERY football club has to face is how to listen to the voice of supporters. In the old days, a Supporters Club would often take on the role of being the voice of fans. In tough times, the independence of a supporters club in its role as a critical friend - and sometimes just a critic - has been vital. BISA became more than just a critic. It became a vital part of the fans' movement that saved the Albion from oblivion. Fanzines were key parts of that campaign.

And then came NSC - playing an essential role in mobilising the campaign to achieve Falmer.

There is still a voice to be heard. We might all be delighted that we have our new stadium. But - as consumers of the product - we will get a better experience of what was promised, if we speak up. About ticketing, loyalty points, clocks, food queues, transport, programme prices, pre-match entertainment, stewarding, parking ... the list is endless.

For Naylor to characterise the medium through which this new consumerism is expressed as simply an outlet for "the moronic element" is to miss the point altogether.

We're not going away, Andy.
Briilliant brilliant post. l would add only thiis ... Forgive me if l'm wrong, but arent all of us in this country entiitled to a freedom of opinion?, and thats what this site iis about. Some opinions wiil be good opinions, and some will be bad, the same as everything in life, but for Mr.Naylor to take such a high handed view doesnt help his cause one little bit.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Briilliant brilliant post. l would add only thiis ... Forgive me if l'm wrong, but arent all of us in this country entiitled to a freedom of opinion?, and thats what this site iis about. Some opinions wiil be good opinions, and some will be bad, the same as everything in life, but for Mr.Naylor to take such a high handed view doesnt help his cause one little bit.

That was his opinion though - I detect a certain amount of hypocrisy.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
Mr Naylor its called snagging all new builds have a team of snaggers go around and look for problems, the Albion has several thousand snaggers, the club has and I am sure will continue to take notice and will sort these snagging issues

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
That was his opinion though - I detect a certain amount of hypocrisy.

If he had been a tad more subtle in his approach ie putting across an actual opinion, rather than just throwing around generalisations about us being "whining morons" and using the ultra-patronising "take a chill pill" then I doubt so many people would have objected to it.

But of course, he wanted this reaction to sell more papers and to get more hits.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
Mr Naylor its called snagging all new builds have a team of snaggers go around and look for problems, the Albion has several thousand snaggers, the club has and I am sure will continue to take notice and will sort these snagging issues

Agreed, no-ones been whinging, just giving feedback, which most good businesses request anyhow,
Naylors just trying to ingratiate himself with the higher echelons, ... Big Creep ...

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
If he had been a tad more subtle in his approach ie putting across an actual opinion, rather than just throwing around generalisations about us being "whining morons" and using the ultra-patronising "take a chill pill" then I doubt so many people would have objected to it.

But of course, he wanted this reaction to sell more papers and to get more hits.

Who is the us you refer to?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Arent there any vacancies at News International?.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick

Did you read what he wrote?

Comment: Albion internet moaners should take a chill pill
12:16pm Thursday 21st July 2011

By Andy Naylor » PrintEmailComments(30)
Before the age of the internet, the vehicle for fans to release all their pent-up anger from the frustrations of life was on a Saturday afternoon. Now they can do it 24 hours a day, seven days a week, via websites.

A minority of Albion supporters are experts at this, stellar whiners.

I could not believe all the post-match moaning and groaning after last Saturday’s Amex debut.

You name it, they nit-picked about it – slow service at food outlets, no clock, the placement and design of the heritage stones, I could go on and on.

Have these people no concept of the size of the task involved in opening a new stadium?

Of course, there are going to be teething troubles, issues to address. That is the whole point of having ramp-up games like the Sussex Senior Cup final, to identify where modifications and improvements can be made.

Take a chill pill guys. You could still be at Withdean, jeering the passing style of play which delivered Championship football, as I seem to recall happening against Bournemouth last season. The vast majority of supporters are level-headed, sensible and offer constructive criticism but Albion do seem to have a moronic element more prevalent in my experience than at many other clubs.

Does that answer your 'generalisations' point?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Who is the us you refer to?

The people that made any kind of criticism about the stadium over the internet.. It was a ramp-up event to see how thing would run. The refreshment service was shit. People said the refreshment service was shit. So the club will work on it. I don't see why that warrants an article saying how we have more moaners than all the other clubs he's worked with or whatever he said.
and as for this:

"You could still be at Withdean, jeering the passing style of play which delivered Championship football, as I seem to recall happening against Bournemouth last season"

sounds like a line straight out of the mouth of an 8-year-old that's losing an argument.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
The people that made any kind of criticism about the stadium over the internet..

You obviously didn't read what he said then. I answered this in the post before this one. He didn't refer to
The people that made any kind of criticism about the stadium over the internet..
he was talking about a minority and not the vast majority of supporters who offered constructive criticism.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
No, I don't (think it will be completely sorted by Spurs). I really don't see how they'll go from a disastrous service for c7000 people to a streamlined service for 17,000. But I think they will have improved by Spurs and will continue to do so until such time as the required level is reached.

I have worked in hospitalty and catering for many years. I know from experience that opening new outlets is a huge undertaking. It doesn't matter how much preperation and staff training you do, you only REALLY know how your doing when you open the doors to the public, and trust me...problems will ALWAYS arise. This is why we have 'dry runs', to iron out the inevitible glitches. These people will get there in the end, and us fans need to be patient while they do.

As for AN, i think he was having as much of a moan at some of the people who comment his own articles. Some people can be a BIT harsh on him, so i can understand his little outburst, although, it probably wasn't a wise move!

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
You obviosly didn't read what he said then. I answered this in the post before this one. He didn't refer to he was talking about a minority and not the vast majority of supporters who offered constructive criticism.

Define unconstructive criticism?

The club have thanked NSC for the feedback.. So I don't see what Naylors problem is. Obviously just needed something to fill up some space on the pages.

Maybe he should take a chill pill and stop moaning.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here