Has Naylor declared war on NSC?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I guess he was just a little grumpy having been spectacularly wrong where NSC was right about a few transfers recently.

#naylorfail

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
After reading this whole thread, this is the comment that sums it up for me. Yes it was lazy journalism, said nothing of note, deliberately left out names (i.e. NSC) so that he could hide behind the 'Argus comments' defence and he doesn't speak for the club or the fans. Arguing with nothing there.

But above all, he's got EXACTLY the reaction he (and the circulation/web visitor monitoring) 'bosses' would have wanted and may have been designed to achieve. Or not - the main thing was to fill those column inches. However, they probably thought there was a likelihood of a reaction, and lo and behold there was - so much so that they were able to fill even more column inches with a story about NSC closing down.

It's actually a pretty simple piece of work - and clever ONLY in the respect of generating more reader traffic. I doubt he gives a flying toss what we actually think - or the effect on NSC posters of what he says. If he does it goes no further than that day's column. Those 'who, me?' tweets about the Argus comments should tell you all you need to know - he knew that was coming. Our reaction probably only confirms everything he thinks about NSC anyway.

I visited the Argus website, Tweeted and Facebooked about this so I'm as much of a mug as anyone. But should I read anything similarly provocative from him in future I'll do the one thing he doesn't want - and not react on here. Anybody else willing to grit their teeth and bite their tongue*?

*may not be possible at the same time :)
Spot on. In a newspaper sense it was actually a good piece of work by Mr Naylor. He's generated reaction (measured and hysterical) got hits on his company's website, and maybe even sold a few extra copies. Job done.

There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about. (Oscar Wilde)

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
he is right about some of our fans.Moaning on Saturday night after the scc final was cringe worthy.Our chairman has spent 93 millon of his own money and yet some ----- moan on here during a RAMP up event.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
He is not a bad journalist though maybe a bit passive but these are careless comments and need to be challenged. He has said before he is no fan of NSC but he will hate us now

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Not quite Hackgate this, is it, but still Naylor has ruffled my feathers with his general idiocy. Why hang around all day on something you don't like the feel of? If he doesn't like it and sometimes feels offended by people guffawing at his ill-wittered ways, then don't keep coming back staring at people's thoughts. The man's a masochist. Or just bored and having to seem like he has something to say on quiet news weeks.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
he is right about some of our fans.Moaning on Saturday night after the scc final was cringe worthy.Our chairman has spent 93 millon of his own money and yet some ----- moan on here during a RAMP up event.
Yes a RAMP up event designed to test out the stadium and iron out the flaws that come up. People have every right to say when things didn;t quite work, that's the point of the exercise.

Some of the moans are ridiculous and stupid, but they are immediately pointed out as such by the rest of the NSC world, that's how it works. Unless you're Naylor, then you write in the paper about it and make ridiculous generalisations and stupid statements.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So, in summary, there has been no moaning from Albion fans and Naylor is a Stoke supporting twat?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
But there wasn't any moaning! Or only about 1% of the posts could be classed as 'moans'.

Cuffs

Jan 29, 2010
I am never buying the Argus ever again! I will read the articles on the web....... No change there then.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
A minority of Albion supporters are experts at this, stellar whiners.

Who was the last person to call Albion fans "whiners", this chirpy little fella?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Is Andy Naylor the new David Bellotti ???
if he is we have to change the words in his song - "Andy Naylor is Bellotti , is Bellotti , Andy Naylor is Bellotti , is Bellotti"

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Spot on. In a newspaper sense it was actually a good piece of work by Mr Naylor. He's generated reaction (measured and hysterical) got hits on his company's website, and maybe even sold a few extra copies. Job done.

There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about. (Oscar Wilde)

If you're suggesting Naylor's ambition is to be banged up in gaol and be found dead in a Paris hotel afer being ostracised out of the country, well....

Having said that I did look at the "Argus" site, from the link on here. This morning though, I was IN mourning...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Naylor hasn't said anything that isn't true, there has been some utterly ridiculous moaning on these boards often regarding things that haven't even happened yet. From the CD case style card holder, to travel vouchers, to memorial slabs, to the name of the supporters bar, there seems to be nothing that people wouldn't want to moan about. It is at times frankly depressing, and I feel for anyone working hard at the club reading some of the posts with rhetoric like 'shambolic' 'disgraceful' etc. etc.

In defence of the boards though, the majority are positive, constructive and enthusiastic and won't let a few teething issues get them down, however like anything in life, the noisy minority tend to make their voice heard louder than the rest, even if it is just 1% of posts, they generate more responses keeping what appear to be negative threads at the top of the boards.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Having read this thread it is pure comedy genius. The amount of 'morons' who don't seem to be able to differentiate between constructive criticism and people ranting about minor problems that will, as far as possible, be ironed out as part of the ramp up events.

The selective reading of an article that probably took less than 5 minute to right is also classic. Ignoring the comments about the majority being level headed etc, people seem only to read that the minority is in fact everyone who posts on NSC. There are plenty on here with whom I don't agree but that doesn't make them morons. There are however a few who rant at the slightest hiccup. They are the sort of people that sound their horn when stuck in traffic whilst emergency services frantically try to save the life of someone trapped in a wrecked car.

Fact of the matter is that if you have an issue then take it up with the club constructively rather than lose your rag and rant and rave at someone. Someone has already posted that the club have responded to a number of issues and are probably working on resolving many more. In all likelihood, all issues will not be resolved until a few weeks into the season but anyone who expected everything to be perfect from day one falls into the category that Naylor has aimed his article at.

tom26

May 14, 2004
Lewes Road, Brighton
If you're suggesting Naylor's ambition is to be banged up in gaol and be found dead in a Paris hotel afer being ostracised out of the country, well....

"Quite right, Monsieur Poirot. It would have been the perfect crime were it not for the single flaw of telling everyone on a message board about it beforehand." ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports