Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Naylor declared war on NSC?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Where was that said?

The story we were told was that there is no clock because Gus doesn't want one, as he doesn't want the players being distracted by it.

IF it was software related, I'm pretty certain it would just be a lack of training / knowledge. The software is fairly straightforward, and the clock functions are a very basic part of it.

Insider the rest was what someone made up on here

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm commenting without seeing this morning's piece but I'll just add one more thing: I've had emails from 2 (two) Albion directors speaking very positively about the help that NSC/NSCers have given to the Albion in the snagging process and their ongoing work with Buckingham.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I'm glad I don't waste money buying the Argus if all they have to put in it is "what some people have said on NSC".

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Where was that said?

The story we were told was that there is no clock because Gus doesn't want one, as he doesn't want the players being distracted by it.

IF it was software related, I'm pretty certain it would just be a lack of training / knowledge. The software is fairly straightforward, and the clock functions are a very basic part of it.

I think the story was something like they tried the clock out on the morning of the game but it was too small and they didn't have the time (expertise?) to re-size it, but it would have been done for the Spurs game.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
In this article he takes to task those on NSC who have highlighted problems at the Amex.
Does he actually say 'NSC' or it's just obvious.

He says that these people are wrong to criticise things like the queues at food kiosks, the lack of clock and the memorial stones. He also goes on to say that internet forums give a mouthpiece to some of the moronic element of Albion's fanbase.
True, true, false.

He's being a plonker, it doesn't matter whether he's right about those few points, he seems to miss-understand that an internet forum can be like a playground, and there's not a lot we can do about it. Swearing could be banned, as could discourteous behaviour, but you're always going to get a mass of conflicting and sometimes daft opinions.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think the story was something like they tried the clock out on the morning of the game but it was too small and they didn't have the time (expertise?) to re-size it, but it would have been done for the Spurs game.

Fair enough.

If they'd bought MY displays, they would never have had these problems :thumbsup:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
The Amex is our home and fans would like everything just so. This includes service at food stands etc. It is always said that we do not complain enough in our society and when we do we get shot down on flames. No pleasing some people.

I for one, (I am sure others would agree), we are extremely grateful to TB and his project team for building a fantastic stadium where we can watch a good quality of football, (lets hope), but for Andy Naylor to make these comments to the general public I feel is very unwise. Using the comments "moronic element of Albion's fanbase" is a huge generalisation and goes to show he does not understand Brighton fans. I would almost go as far to say he is being a bigot!!

Good post.

Andy Naylor - The Burslem Bigot

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I'm commenting without seeing this morning's piece but I'll just add one more thing: I've had emails from 2 (two) Albion directors speaking very positively about the help that NSC/NSCers have given to the Albion in the snagging process and their ongoing work with Buckingham.

That doesn't surprise me. As my boss says (usually just before he tells me that I've pissed someone off) 'All feedback is a gift. You can choose what you do with it'

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Just highlighted to him, that instead of being negative, why doesn't he highlight the disabled supports / parking thread, rather than the other stuff? Too scared to upset the club ?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
:amex: As requested....

Attachments

• naylorrant.jpg
    naylorrant.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 747

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I have to say, the complaining is quite embarrassing.

Spot on. How people can complain is just beyond me. Get some perspective. The people complaining probably have zero experience in these matters. It always takes time to get things right. I know i would feel pretty miffed if i had put all the effort in that they have and still people complained.

One issue that EVERY football club has to face is how to listen to the voice of supporters. In the old days, a Supporters Club would often take on the role of being the voice of fans. In tough times, the independence of a supporters club in its role as a critical friend - and sometimes just a critic - has been vital. BISA became more than just a critic. It became a vital part of the fans' movement that saved the Albion from oblivion. Fanzines were key parts of that campaign.

And then came NSC - playing an essential role in mobilising the campaign to achieve Falmer.

There is still a voice to be heard. We might all be delighted that we have our new stadium. But - as consumers of the product - we will get a better experience of what was promised, if we speak up. About ticketing, loyalty points, clocks, food queues, transport, programme prices, pre-match entertainment, stewarding, parking ... the list is endless.

For Naylor to characterise the medium through which this new consumerism is expressed as simply an outlet for "the moronic element" is to miss the point altogether.

We're not going away, Andy.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

They asked for feedback... and that's what they got. The fact that a few issues got repeated over and over does not negate the validity of the comments.

And there are still serious issues which the club has not communicated clearly to the fans about... disabled parking and travel vouchers being two.

It all seems a bit over the top form Naylor. But I guess he has to sell papers.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I think nearly all of the 'customer feedback' on here has been constructive with people giving their views in measured terms. We all knew that there would be teething problems and I'd like to think that we've played our part in highlighting the main areas where things aren't right yet (which the club may or may not have been aware of) and also saying the areas where we think they've got it spot on (everybody loves the pies for example). And the reporting of teething problems aside EVERYBODY has said how much they love the Amex and how pleased and grateful they are.

I haven't seen the article but the Albion undoubtedly has some moronic fans and NSC undoubtedly has some moronic posters - but then everybody already knew that.

EDIT: But I do think shutting down NSC with that 'force for evil' message has given Mr Naylor exactly the response he was looking for. Naylor 1, NSC 0

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here