Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Has Nathan Bitten Off More Than He Can Chew? - Sacked 12/02/2023

Bowers-sfc

forever red, never blue
Feb 20, 2011
Hard to see how we move forward really. Stuck between a rock and a hard place.

The gamble on appointing him just hasn’t worked.

His interview yesterday baffled everyone.

You can’t come in, and 3 months later say you listen to other people and that’s why we are Shit.
Shows complete lack of leadership.

Take some responsibility.

If anything, this has united our fan base all wanting a change.

We have a fan forum Wednesday with our owners, and bizarrely, Nathan Jones was scheduled to attend.

Could be interesting if he’s still in position. Wouldn’t surprise me to see it cancelled.

With the greatest respect, I hope he is out of our club asap.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
I'd want him gone too to be fair to Stains. He's like a more unhinged Potter, it was always going to be a big jump with a sink or swim outcome.

You can sink quickly at the top level.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Listened to the interview, TBH he sounds a bit unhinged to me, is he actually OK?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Not saying this in a nasty way- it does genuinely sound like he needs help.
It is one of those situations where he is so out of his depth you end up feeling a bit sorry for him. I felt like this with us under Jeff Wood.

The difference here is that Jones is coming across very… unstable at the moment. That interview was a train wreck.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bizarre interview, as good as admitting he's in over his head. I think he's had enough of it all now, and just wants to be sacked. This is his opening salvo to achieve that.
Extremely bizarre, he gave that impression to me that he was owning up to being completely out his depth and clueless at managing at the top level

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Hard to see how we move forward really. Stuck between a rock and a hard place.

The gamble on appointing him just hasn’t worked.

His interview yesterday baffled everyone.

You can’t come in, and 3 months later say you listen to other people and that’s why we are Shit.
Shows complete lack of leadership.

Take some responsibility.

If anything, this has united our fan base all wanting a change.

We have a fan forum Wednesday with our owners, and bizarrely, Nathan Jones was scheduled to attend.

Could be interesting if he’s still in position. Wouldn’t surprise me to see it cancelled.

With the greatest respect, I hope he is out of our club asap.
I'm not sure listening to other people shows a complete lack of leadership?

I took the impression from his interview that he's given some players a chance and from now he's playing hardball and will drop these non performing players and do things differently.

I wouldn't want him here, surprised he returned to the Premier League but he was manager of the year in the championship so can't say he's a bad manager as such. Hope he continues though as I bet on Soton going down!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
If he stays Stains are going down, simple as

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not saying this in a nasty way- it does genuinely sound like he needs help.
To me he sounded like he alwyss wanted to set up like a Dyche team but bowed to his perception of a desire by the locals to be "cultured". Let's see how it goes next time. Like the new Everton or the old Stains.

(I would take Ward Prowse if they go down, TBF. And he wouldn't have to move house. Win-Win)

el punal

I have vague recollections of our first match back in Div 2, at The Dell in ‘77.
I’m sure it was held up due to their fans fighting themselves.
I was at that match. It was Portsmouth fans that infiltrated the Dell’s East Stand and decided to be complete knobs by attacking Saints fans. All the Brighton fans were in the Archers Road end just looking on with bemusement.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I have vague recollections of our first match back in Div 2, at The Dell in ‘77.
I’m sure it was held up due to their fans fighting themselves.
That was my first ever away game. Remember it well. There was a lot of fighting in the stand to the right (not in our end behind the goal). We'd sold out, so maybe some of our fans got in their section?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
The moment he says near the end “normally my teams are top of the tree when it comes to basics”
he covers his mouth inadvertently with his jacket, because his body language knows he’s lying.

He is sadly out of his depth, he is obviously someone struggling, which is never pleasant to see.

however, it’s Southampton struggling, so :ROFLMAO:

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
What a mess, but boy, does that lad love god! Learnt this weekend he went out with Helen Chamberlain for a few years. He’s lost the plot, back to Luton soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here