Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Has Nathan Bitten Off More Than He Can Chew? - Sacked 12/02/2023

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Only the one game l realise, (although they also lost at Liverpool prior to the World Cup), but l am already wondering if taking on the job at Saints is more than he can chew, they looked desperately poor today, and their fans look almost resigned.

Shades of Stoke perhaps?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
other than their 23 who on occasion provided some spark they were piss poor. Not got a single player who’d I take and they are in a world of bother

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I also watched them midweek struggle against Lincoln of League One, just as we struggled against Charlton.

I’d be very, very worried if I were a Southampton supporter. They are looking desperately poor

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I wasn't much thinking about Jones when I saw the teams announced. That squad simply doesn't have anywhere near enough quality. I don't know where their goals are coming from and I don't know how they're going to keep them out. They don't have a single goalkeeper who's better than League One standard.

That said, I thought we'd lose today and said so on the match thread. It just would have been so typically Brighton to lose to our old manager when they have a terrible home record, and I thought they were probably better quality than Charlton. I'm not sure about that last part of that last sentence, having watched them today.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
He will be back in charge of Luton this time next year….

Can’t blame him for taking a job in the Premier League, but he’s been thrown in at the deep end and miles out of his depth.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
He will be back in charge of Luton this time next year….

Can’t blame him for taking a job in the Premier League, but he’s been thrown in at the deep end and miles out of his depth.
Almost a carbon copy of the last time he left Luton, both of his new clubs began with the letter S, and the similarities don't end there, Stoke and now Southampton, two clubs in dire straits.

The one quality player they have is James Ward-Prowse, but he can hardly save them single handed. The remainder of the squad is desperately lacking in quality.

Last edited:

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Yes, and one wonders if this is his last ‘shot at the title’, Luton clearly won’t have him back for the third time, and failure at both Stoke and St Mary’s will probably be a damning indictment on his CV?

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
other than their 23 who on occasion provided some spark they were piss poor. Not got a single player who’d I take and they are in a world of bother
Is that their left winger with the twiglet legs? He looked half decent. Although his ability to hit the deck and start crying was a bit much.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Nathan Jones has surprised me with the work he's done at Luton and I don't blame him for taking a Prem job but there's nothing about him that tells me he'll make it in the Prem. He could be a modern day Ian Holllway, i.e. successful at the right club in lower leagues but hapless in the top flight.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Poison Challis I think, they were mad to sack hassenutal (sp). No one is going to do any better with the group of players they have.

FWIW, I hope this gets bounced and Jones gets a tune out of them.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Think they employed him as a insurance policy as back up in case relegated, pretty decent in the Championship manager.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Poison Challis I think, they were mad to sack hassenutal (sp). No one is going to do any better with the group of players they have.

FWIW, I hope this gets bounced and Jones gets a tune out of them.
C559FC83-C9DE-4F9C-BA8F-765A2EF90A9D.jpeg

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I think they are the stronger of the relegation candidates and have enough quality to grind out the required points. If they do go down, Jones will have a very strong squad to come straight back up.

I thought we were very, very good today. On our day we're capable of making any team look ordinary unfortunately for Southampton they faced us at our very best.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here