Has Hodgson picked the right team?

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
woy.jpg

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Hodgson has picked a squad for the future. One that will go out in the first round this tournament and go one step further next tournament. Neverever going to win the thing again though, even if its held in England, on account of the amount of global money sloshing around, and the demands for instant success. None of that works in England's favour.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
In the recent era England have done their best when young players have broken through to be the main force in the side: Gazza in 1990, Owen in 1998, Rooney in 2004. Without this impact we're usually shite.

I think if we're to do anything then either Barkley or Sterling have to shine, they are the two that have that burst of inspiration.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
We have some genuinely exciting young talent coming through. It's whether the dinosaur in charge can get a tune out of them. Which I doubt. The man plays to the media. Look at the Denmark game - played half the Liverpool team when they were flying but there was no pressing, no urgency.
If Hodgson managed Spain he'd stick 8 behind the ball with no pressing.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Doesn't matter who he picked, England have no chance.

Having said that, I'm pleasantly surprised and impressed with who he's picked - apart from Lampard.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Curtis Davies has tommorrow to prove himself (consolation) but he should be in the team. I think I would have included Ashley Cole as well, in case Baines got injured.

I am not so sure who is first choice to replace Walcot & Townsend. ??

TtY

May 13, 2014
Pretty much the best squad he could have picked, considering we have as much chance of getting out of round 1 as my cat, Mr Kitty has of winning next years men's Wimbledon title, and she's a girl.

Will put the building blocks for England to get to round 2 next time.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Every world cup tournament has criticisms. Sir Alf Ramsey got panned for his team selections especially when he dropped Jimmy Greaves for the youngster Alan Ball.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here