Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Has he turned them down yet?

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
I think not allowing him to speak to Chelsea might well have backfired in terms of perceived stifling of ambition and holding him back.

Hopefully the Albion's utter professionalism will contrast perfectly with the trigger-happy chaos that is Chelsea.

Potter can make his own decision based on that.

Ranieri won the Premier League with Leicester - they managed to keep him despite interest from others - they then went on to sack him next season ! Clubs can hold onto managers if they want.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ranieri won the Premier League with Leicester - they managed to keep him despite interest from others - they then went on to sack him next season ! Clubs can hold onto managers if they want.

There is absolutely no way we should be holding onto anyone who wants to leave

larus

That is ominous :down:

Must admit I was cautiously optimistic that he would stay and see what he could achieve here.
However, that’s probably more wishful thinking than anything else.
I guess money talks and the ability to test yourself at a higher level will be very tempting.

I do have confidence that TB will have a number of names they’d be considering though.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Don't take it to heart, Icy.

Like the aftermath of Middlesborough and the Palace Play-Off, it's feeling like one of those days on NSC.

But I'm still hoping that Potter's work/life balance appreciation will keep him in good old Sussex by the sea for now at least.

Let's see how it plays out. :smile:

He won't need to move house if he takes the Chelsea job. Sexton didn't. His son was at Hove Grammar when I was there :shrug:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Must admit I was cautiously optimistic that he would stay and see what he could achieve here.
However, that’s probably more wishful thinking than anything else.
I guess money talks and the ability to test yourself at a higher level will be very tempting.

I do have confidence that TB will have a number of names they’d be considering though.

In amongst all the shit I've read online today was a piece saying that the new owners decided to get rid of all Abramovich personnel from the moment they took over the club. Tuchel was the last remaining link and they have been planning on appointing Potter since the day they took over.....

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Well...... Shit.

[tweet]1567525558568755201[/tweet]

Final talks?? Therefore he knew before he wasted everyone's time this morning having photo's taken. Hopefully Fulham stuff the crap out of them. Horrible shitty plastic Wankers.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Un****ingbelievable. Had a few days off football after Sundays great result. Return to this. Un****ingbelievable.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Final talks?? Therefore he knew before he wasted everyone's time this morning having photo's taken. Hopefully Fulham stuff the crap out of them. Horrible shitty plastic Wankers.

We don't know that is true, I doubt anything gets resolved today, unless it he is rejecting the offer.
He doesn't strike me as the sort of guy to make a decision like this without giving it some thought and talking it through with his wife, his assistants, and to some extent Tony Bloom and Paul Barber.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We don't know that is true, I doubt anything gets resolved today, unless it he is rejecting the offer.
He doesn't strike me as the sort of guy to make a decision like this without giving it some thought and talking it through with his wife, his assistants, and to some extent Tony Bloom and Paul Barber.

Indeed - several of his assistants will go with him. Hope Bruno stays.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
In amongst all the shit I've read online today was a piece saying that the new owners decided to get rid of all Abramovich personnel from the moment they took over the club. Tuchel was the last remaining link and they have been planning on appointing Potter since the day they took over.....

The only sense that makes is if he didn't think the fans would back the switch without Tuchel looking shit first, and then somehow sabotaged Tuchel to make sure he fell flat on his face, with a fortunes worth of quality players. Nonsense.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The only sense that makes is if he didn't think the fans would back the switch without Tuchel looking shit first, and then somehow sabotaged Tuchel to make sure he fell flat on his face, with a fortunes worth of quality players. Nonsense.

Maybe but never underestimate Americans and their business methods...as you say they are left with quality players for the new manager, and they do appear to have sacked everybody (other than players) with Abramovich connections :shrug:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I’ve just had a read of the Shed End forum. What a bunch of bellends. Poster after poster with absolutely no understanding of football and only interested in how famous the candidates are. Basically ‘Celebrities come and manage a football team.’ Honestly, Graham needs to have a read and basically go anywhere else.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
I know it's mean-spirited but if he does go to Chelsea I hope he's an unmitigated failure . Horrible entitled club and fans that deserve some misery for a change.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here