The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Hope he does go today.If we appoint a new manager after the window is shut then he can't really be blamed too much for taking us down.At least it gives him a few months to look at our squad and identify new players in the summer.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
I honestly think that Micky is still the correct man for the job whatever.
We have found a manager that actually wants to stay with us and see us through to Falmer. Micky is going through a real bad patch, and I think he will with the players help sort this mess out.

Micky has tasted the high life in the premiership so their is no risk of him buggering off again. He loves this club. If we get someone else, they wont care for the club.

The Devil has served Knight some bad luck for sacking Wilkins, but this bad luck will shortly come to an end. I suggest we tough this out and get behind the team and Micky. Life could be worse!!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Will you be saying that at the start of next season when we're in the basement division ?

I certainly will. Give him a WHOLE season and up to Christmas next season. If we're struggling in League 2 at that point then fire him ( although we'll still be in League 1 anyway ). Some people need to get a little paitence.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Will you be saying that at the start of next season when we're in the basement division ?

At the end of the season WITH Mickey on board we will all be saying we have had a terrible season but we won’t be relegated. All we have to do is improve slightly in this half of the season and we should finish 17th or 18th. This would be the same as his first season in charge.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
At the end of the season WITH Mickey on board we will all be saying we have had a terrible season but we won’t be relegated. All we have to do is improve slightly in this half of the season and we should finish 17th or 18th. This would be the same as his first season in charge.

I really do hope you're right, but I fear the worst.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Even if we do stay up and Adams brings in his own players in the summer i won't be happy.
He has to go and go now.I am not paying money to watch boring long ball shit for ridiculous prices.This type of football bores the f*** out of me and it's not what i want to see.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Oh sweet Jesus, so what you're actually saying is, that it will be OK if we go down this season under Micky Adams ?

Don't get me wrong - I don't want it to happen but it's not going to be the end of the world. We've been relegated before and promoted before - both WILL happen again - it's part of being part of the league. That said I'm confident we'll be in League One next season anyway. It's about time managers were given a decent length of time to prove themselves - less than a season is not an acceptable length of time. A small minority seem to want to panic, panic, panic.

Some statements on here recently seem to imply that the current board are as bad as Archer and that Adams is the worst manager we've ever had - those posters need a reality check.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
We have found a manager that actually wants to stay with us and see us through to Falmer.

I've never liked Adams and wasn't particularily thrilled to see him back but I also think theres far too much hiring and firing of managers nowadays.

However, that statement is bollocks. He came here to get his career back on track and disappear into the sunset as soon as a better offer came along. Exactly like he did before. The way he's screwing up this time could see him finished as a manager so of course he's going to appear desperate to stay.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
I've never liked Adams and wasn't particularily thrilled to see him back but I also think theres far too much hiring and firing of managers nowadays.

However, that statement is bollocks. He came here to get his career back on track and disappear into the sunset as soon as a better offer came along. Exactly like he did before. The way he's screwing up this time could see him finished as a manager so of course he's going to appear desperate to stay.

if we was top now and was having an amazing season and a bigger club was looking for a manager and tried to tap him up i dont think hed hang around cos of Falmer in 2 years....he would be off to a club who has a decent ground already.
i dont really care who manages us as long as we do well, its the club i support, ill still be here supporting them years after Micky goes as i was years before he ever managed us.
However, that post match interview on saturday was rediculous...i think he might be losing the plot a bit and im sorry to say ive lost all faith in him. I really do want him to turn it around but weve been saying that for 3 or 4 months now with still no sign of improvement.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
When Micky was with us first time around, he was a manger full of confidence. Doing the things he believed in and being sucessful.

7 years later, this is a person who has had his confidence shot to pieces and I believe is totallu unsure of himself and what he should be doing. If a manger is unsure of himself, how can players have faith in him.

Now, I dont have any vendetta on Micky and yes I do believe that he loves this club. But currently he is not the person nor manager that Brighton need right now. With him, we are going down. With someone else we might have a chance, even with the current set of players.

I simply dont buy the argument that even if we go down we will bounce straight back yp again with Micky. Sorry, I dont want to go down nor take that chance. I prefer to stay up and make a go of getting out of this div in time for Falmer as opposed to Div 4

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
When Micky was with us first time around, he was a manger full of confidence. Doing the things he believed in and being sucessful.

7 years later, this is a person who has had his confidence shot to pieces and I believe is totallu unsure of himself and what he should be doing. If a manger is unsure of himself, how can players have faith in him.

Now, I dont have any vendetta on Micky and yes I do believe that he loves this club. But currently he is not the person nor manager that Brighton need right now. With him, we are going down. With someone else we might have a chance, even with the current set of players.

I simply dont buy the argument that even if we go down we will bounce straight back yp again with Micky. Sorry, I dont want to go down nor take that chance. I prefer to stay up and make a go of getting out of this div in time for Falmer as opposed to Div 4

Post of the day :thumbsup: spot on

rongully

Jun 9, 2008
Sussex and Proud
if we was top now and was having an amazing season and a bigger club was looking for a manager and tried to tap him up i dont think hed hang around cos of Falmer in 2 years....he would be off to a club who has a decent ground already.
i dont really care who manages us as long as we do well, its the club i support, ill still be here supporting them years after Micky goes as i was years before he ever managed us.
However, that post match interview on saturday was rediculous...i think he might be losing the plot a bit and im sorry to say ive lost all faith in him. I really do want him to turn it around but weve been saying that for 3 or 4 months now with still no sign of improvement.

Top post spot on !!

Watto Seagull

Sep 21, 2008
Has He Gone Yet ?

Didnt Maghee get the boot because he lost the support of the fans?.

If thats the case then Adams should of gone months ago !!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here