Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Harty lost the plot?

Minge

Jan 3, 2005
Claims that we would not have averaged 12,000 if at Falmer over last six seasons. He has had a load of eejits on the radio saying we would have only had 7000 today even in the new stadium.

Now claiming that tickets would have cost £24 to sit there. He is ignoring extra merchandising and corporate revenuesm, the savings made from the inquiry not taking place, Ecovert creaming off loads in the first few years at Withdean and so on.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Phone-in was a bit poo today. Banging on about a complete non-issue just because he caught sight of the Argus headline (yet apparently didn't read the story). Could have done with actually talking about the game a bit really.

Minge

Jan 3, 2005
Same old story, lose a game and it's an hour on the team and how we are GOING DOWN, win a game and it's an hour on a different scare (or today NON) story.

It's a bit of a futile argument anyway because no one can tell for sure, but I think with all the promotion football we've played over the last few seasons together with the state-of-the-art facilities that welcome in new people as they have at other newly-built sstadiums across Britain, I reckon we would have easily averaged over 12,000.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Daffyd Thomas said:
Same old story, lose a game and it's an hour on the team and how we are GOING DOWN, win a game and it's an hour on a different scare (or today NON) story.

Whilst I quite like Harty, and really think he has the club's best interests at heart, I agree with this comment. It's dead easy to predict what the crux of the show is going to be about and I find it all a bit, well, boring to be honest.

Almost shamefully, nowadays I find myself listening to Trevor Nelson instead.

Adams score 0 said:
The phone in has the same people saying the same thing.
I thought the geezer from Falmer(second call i think) was the best of the day.

The Falmer bloke was brilliant - I hope Perry took his name, it's gotta be all round to his when Prescott gives us the :thumbsup:

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
No way we would average more than 12,000 per week. We didn't at the Goldstone, so we probably wont at Falmer, except for big games.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Missed it tonight. Don't mind Harty but this sounds an odd one...
I reckon 12000 is a realistic estimate. Watching football is far, far more fashionable than it ever was in the 80s and early 90s and, let's face it, by the time we were leaving the Goldstone we were utter shite...

Plus there's the attraction of a family friendly, comfortable stadium with good facilities which will pull in extra people without a doubt....you only have to look at Southampton to see how that works.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
GUNTER said:
No way we would average more than 12,000 per week. We didn't at the Goldstone, so we probably wont at Falmer, except for big games.

Sunderland only got 15,000-odd at Roker Park, but 40,000 + at the Stadium of Light (I know they have different capacities, but I don't think RP was always sold out). Such ground moves often have an impressive effect; I would expect to get capacity most weeks first season at Falmer.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Start to throw in a few special offers and we will start to get some large attendances.

I reckon I would bring one other person with me a week who can't commit to a season ticket.

E

enigma

Things like Promos for Students would also get more people down there. Plus fans that lived further afield could get tickets easier and turn up on the day, instead of buying in advance and such like.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
no deals for students please make them pay full price and give them a free bar of soap and a tax form on entry...

why is it students want discount on everything?

how about cheap entrance for military or free for oap?

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I'm not sure Falmer will be pay at the gate. There will still be the need for free travel on the tickets.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here