Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Has Graham Bitten Off More Than He Can Chew?

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
He made one change in the lineup from Leeds to Fulham :shrug:

Sometimes a team doesn't win every game and its not always really anyone in particulars fault that you don't win 38 out of 38.
It was Potter's I'm afraid, and he's a big fraud.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Yes yes of course he is. Without him, Brighton would have been at least 5th last season. Time will tell if that can be reached this year or if Tony Bloom was thick enough to appoint a fraud twice. (y)
Hopefully its only the one fraud. I don't understand how someone could think a manager is so great they spend vast hours on here defending everything he does. He can get things wrong and quite often did in the first two seasons, I don't think he's a bad manager but I want him to fail, because he left Brighton, which unless you support Brighton more than Potter, you wouldn't understand .

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Hopefully its only the one fraud.
Yup, as I said - we'll see. If a fraud could manage Brighton to 9th then it should be no problem for a good/top class manager getting the team into 5th or 6th place, which would be lovely - would be very fun to see the boys go on and play in one of the continental competitions.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yes yes of course he is. Without him, Brighton would have been at least 5th last season. Time will tell if that can be reached this year or if Tony Bloom was thick enough to appoint a fraud twice. (y)
You should leave the Potter obsessives to it. ;)

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I didn’t realise there was a “my name is Dave, and I’m obsessed with Graham Potter” self help group. Was watching Chelsea press conferences part of this week’s homework?
It’s all over Sky Sports news unless we aren’t allowed to watch that either. Like all threads on here you don’t have to open it if it’s not for you.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It’s all over Sky Sports news unless we aren’t allowed to watch that either. Like all threads on here you don’t have to open it if it’s not for you.
If it's part of your homework, then of course you are allowed.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You have imagined a Potter obsessive club that gives out homework that only you find hilarious. I’m not sure we are the ones with issues here🤣
You are the one talking like you are the voice of a collective, that is quite funny. :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Are we all going out for a celebratory curry, when a poster makes their 200th post across both threads?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
How can it be the hardest job in football if the chairman is saying he is understanding if no top 6 this season?

Even with 10 out they still have 100's millions worth of talent out there?

Or is he saying his players are sh1t ?

Sorry swanners seems like a very silly thing for potty mouth to say !?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I honestly think they all have bitten off more - GP, Benny, Bjorn, Bruno, Ben Roberts, Agnetha. Imagine a dressing room of Dunk, Solly, Webster, Veltman, Welbeck, Gros, Tariq, Mac et al against the lot at Chelsea. Roberts must rue the loss of his relationship with Sanchez and Steele, compared to Mendy and Kepa as just one example.

In the fitting words of Abba’s 1964 hit about money/greed:
Can't buy me love
Everybody tells me so
Can't buy me love
No, no, no, no

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
I watched the highlights of Brighton vs Leicester last night. 5-2, back when we were shit because Potter was a complete fraud.

All the boo boys claiming he was at best mediocre for us are being as ridiculous as those claiming the sun shone brightly out of his arse. GP was great for Brighton, helping to create one of the best footballing teams in England (well, technically top 9 at least). He was not perfect, nor a certifiable genius but he was definitely the manager when we went from relegation candidates to having an outside chance of European football.

That said, Potter was able to create the team that thrashed Man U 4-0 mainly due to being at a club as well run as Brighton. He was given reasonable expectations and targets and was working under people with the intelligence and bravery to ride out the slumps in form that are highly likely to happen outside of the monied 7.

At Chelsea the job is completely different; the expectations are through the roof, the owner is clearly a classless wanker and the squad is a randomly assembled mess of talented millionaires. He has gone from evolving an unfashionable team over about two and half seasons (before it started to really click) to attempting the same thing instantly, with no pre-season in a pressure cooker situation.

In answer to the OP - yes he has bitten off more than he can chew by the looks of it. He might have had a better chance if the change had come in June (2022 or 2023). Great coach, not the Messiah.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
I watched the highlights of Brighton vs Leicester last night. 5-2, back when we were shit because Potter was a complete fraud.

All the boo boys claiming he was at best mediocre for us are being as ridiculous as those claiming the sun shone brightly out of his arse. GP was great for Brighton, helping to create one of the best footballing teams in England (well, technically top 9 at least). He was not perfect, nor a certifiable genius but he was definitely the manager when we went from relegation candidates to having an outside chance of European football.

That said, Potter was able to create the team that thrashed Man U 4-0 mainly due to being at a club as well run as Brighton. He was given reasonable expectations and targets and was working under people with the intelligence and bravery to ride out the slumps in form that are highly likely to happen outside of the monied 7.

At Chelsea the job is completely different; the expectations are through the roof, the owner is clearly a classless wanker and the squad is a randomly assembled mess of talented millionaires. He has gone from evolving an unfashionable team over about two and half seasons (before it started to really click) to attempting the same thing instantly, with no pre-season in a pressure cooker situation.

In answer to the OP - yes he has bitten off more than he can chew by the looks of it. He might have had a better chance if the change had come in June (2022 or 2023). Great coach, not the Messiah.
True , but it is just human nature to dislike a greed driven little scrote who`s first decision is to dismantle his x-club wholesale with a promise to be back in the January sales ! .

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Is there any chance of going on this forum these days and not having a thread totally dominated by one poster (who’s never been to a game)? Even on ignore it makes it impossible to read ANY THREAD with all the quoting him ffs 🤦🏻‍♂️
It's quite amusing putting him on ignore tho. All you see is these dozens and dozens of stub entries per day, all presumably posts in defence of The Cult Of Potter. Something something horses. What a way to spend your day, even in the dark depths of a Swedish winter :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here