Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Has Graham Bitten Off More Than He Can Chew?

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
if he were to get the old heave ho before the season is out, it would be fascinating to see him have to settle for a struggling Premier League club.

Oh, who am I kidding? Fascinating be damned. I’d just love him to have to dwell on winding up with a far worse set up than he had with us and have to start all over again.

Of course, one could argue he’s got a worse set up now but he does have access to pots of cash.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
if he were to get the old heave ho before the season is out, it would be fascinating to see him have to settle for a struggling Premier League club.

Oh, who am I kidding? Fascinating be damned. I’d just love him to have to dwell on winding up with a far worse set up than he had with us and have to start all over again.

Of course, one could argue he’s got a worse set up now but he does have access to pots of cash.
If and it’s a big if that he gets the sack I’d doubt imho he’d end up anywhere near a PL team, just imo

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Said it before, say it again, can easily see GP packing the game in to start a holistic healing centre in Hove when the inevitable sacking and associated jackpot payoff happens. And I'm only half joking. His psyche will have taken one helluva battering at Chelsea, and not one that can be mended overnight. Don't think he's ever even been sacked before, has he? Will be a rude awakening / valuable life lesson (delete as applicable)

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Can't see any way Potter gets booted before next season or Boehly will look like a right tool.

He said it was a long term project so needs to ride out the current results giving potter a couple of windows and a pre-season.

Let's just enjoy it while they're **** because given enough time and money I'm sure Potter'll manage to get them back into mix of looking like a top-half side.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Said it before, say it again, can easily see GP packing the game in to start a holistic healing centre in Hove when the inevitable sacking and associated jackpot payoff happens. And I'm only half joking. His psyche will have taken one helluva battering at Chelsea, and not one that can be mended overnight. Don't think he's ever even been sacked before, has he? Will be a rude awakening / valuable life lesson (delete as applicable)
I can see the positives in that

BrianSwan

Apr 15, 2012
If Chelsea could secure Luis Enriques signature, they'd sack him tomorrow. (he will likely go to Atletico).

But Potter will end up at a Villa, Leicester or Everton type team (if Everton survive) next.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Nope I'm not seeing that at all.

Sure it's the cherry on top of the sprinkles crushed nuts raspberry sauce (don't judge me) flake of the sundae.

But I see this as him thinking Chelsea was a 'natural stepping stone' to be Pep II, with all the silverware.
To be currently failing so badly he might never get another chance is hurting him badly.

Or he's a money driven twonk.
It's both.

He's trying to make a name for himself as a top, top manager and take all the riches that come with that, by over intellectualising football.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
If Chelsea could secure Luis Enriques signature, they'd sack him tomorrow. (he will likely go to Atletico).

But Potter will end up at a Villa, Leicester or Everton type team (if Everton survive) next.
Tough one though. If he gets bumped by Chelsea, his reputation will definitely have taken a hit. That’s an issue for a manager who needs plenty of time to implement his ideas. Fans in future would be sceptical from the off. I’ve always thought the COVID lockdown did him a huge favour at Albion, taking away so much of the pressure as he tinkered around with the team and changed the style. Having no restless crowd to satisfy must have been helpful.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Can't see any way Potter gets booted before next season or Boehly will look like a right tool.

He said it was a long term project so needs to ride out the current results giving potter a couple of windows and a pre-season.

Let's just enjoy it while they're **** because given enough time and money I'm sure Potter'll manage to get them back into mix of looking like a top-half side.
It’s that line from the The Thick of It…

“Sack you after a year… you’ve f***ed up. Sack you after a month… HE’S f-***ed up.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Telegraph’s Matt Law reporting tonight that Boehly will take Potter’s side, Boehly’s fine in seeing out of the door if need be:

Auba
Havertz
Ziyech
Pulisic
Koulibaly

Determined to lower wages.

Aiming to sign:

Caicedo
Enzo Fernandez
Felix

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here