Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Dobbie actually signed for them yet?

Psalm 56:5

Banned
May 19, 2013
You don't watch Palace much then. A Palace supporting mate of mine says he looked good for flashes and then the rest of the matches he just wanders around looking like he doesn't give a shit!

Sounds like your mate doesn't watch many matches, or you asked him early on. Jury was out at first as he took time to settle, then he out in a number of MOM performances. We wouldn't have got into the playoffs without him, and my biggest worry going in to the playoffs was that he wasn't available.

No idea if he's good enough for the Prem, but if his only contribution to Palace has been to help us go up, it's enough for me!

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Yeah, right-on. Enjoy playing Yoevil and Bournemouth whilst we're watching Wilf returning with Manure. Judging by the way you are so looking forward to Man U doing so well, I guess Man U is 'your' primary team then? Good old JCL BHA fan. Have you got a YouTube link to your stuff? Just like your other BHA/Chelsea fan??

Deary me, Nigel. Even by your extremely low standards - that 'retort' is piss-poor. :lolol:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Apologies for not knowing how to spell Yeovil. They haven't ever been on my football radar, that's all. Let me know how your day out down there goes will you? Thanks.

Clearly you don't know your football history then, given it was Yeovil Town who the phrase 'giant killers' was first coined.

Pretty much repeated every time a non-league team gets through to the 3rd round of the FA Cup. Some of us know our football, some of us don't I guess. :shrug:

Banned
May 19, 2013
Haven't you had 2 administrations and screwed local businesses and taxpayers out of millions?

We've certainly had two administrations, yes, but then I'm not the one laughably trying to lecture about living within our means when entirely funded by a sugar daddy, still losing £8m a year, and who's just put a lot of innocent people out of work.

I remember when palace staff lost their jobs during administration. We put on a benefit gig for them. Not much, but something to show our support as fans. Doing something similar are you?

We've certainly had two administrations, yes, but then I'm not the one laughably trying to lecture about living within our means when entirely funded by a sugar daddy, still losing £8m a year, and who's just put a lot of innocent people out of work.

I remember when palace staff lost their jobs during administration. We put on a benefit gig for them. Not much, but something to show our support as fans. Doing something similar are you?

Without CPFC2010 you would NOT exist right now can you not see that, are they not Sugar daddies who have been plowing in MILLIONS to your club just to survive?

Banned
May 19, 2013
Without CPFC2010 you would NOT exist right now can you not see that, are they not Sugar daddies who have been plowing in MILLIONS to your club just to survive?

Yes, I totally agree. But, once again, I'm not the one trying to give lectures about living within our means.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

To be fair, if they've been let go by the club, they'll get all the necessary severance rights afforded to them, so yes, the club will look after them to the full extent of employment law. What happens to employees when a club/firm goes into admin and pays minimal pennies in the pound to creditors? Are ex staff counted as creditors?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012

" cough" tony bloom " cough " .

Decode

Jan 25, 2010

I'm going to organise one for poor Gus.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

Another stripey Nigel who can't stop waving his smaller than average willy about. Bless its almost sweet that you care so much about us poppet x

Banned
May 19, 2013
To be fair, if they've been let go by the club, they'll get all the necessary severance rights afforded to them, so yes, the club will look after them to the full extent of employment law. What happens to employees when a club/firm goes into admin and pays minimal pennies in the pound to creditors? Are ex staff counted as creditors?

I've never noticed them on the list when I've looked before, but then they wouldn't be unless they were owed money. I honestly dont know if they were owed backpay. Anyone owed money I would imagine would have a claim as a creditor. If they are just let go I imagine their situation would be very similar to those leaving Brighton. Contract terminated, work to the end of your notice period, and off you go.

SeagullSarge

Jul 8, 2012
Apologies for not knowing how to spell Yeovil. They haven't ever been on my football radar, that's all. Let me know how your day out down there goes will you? Thanks.

No thank you, I will make sure I pop a postcard in the post for you, I'm sure it will be a lovely day...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Palace don't understand the meaning of voluntary redundancy. They just fold, write off debts at 2p in the pound, leave the fans to pay off St John Ambulance, and start again with numbers after their name.
I don't know how their fans can even start to brag about their history.

Banned
May 19, 2013
No, your trying to score points about 18 people losing their jobs.

No I'm not, I'm using the 18 people who lost their jobs to illustrate that the person who tried to score points with the living within your means jibe is a bit of a hypocrite.

Admittedly I followed this up with a jibe about how our respective fan bases reacted to people losing their jobs, but that wasn't what you first called me up on, or what I first reacted to.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
No I'm not, I'm using the 18 people who lost their jobs to illustrate that the person who tried to score points with the living within your means jibe is a bit of a hypocrite.

Admittedly I followed this up with a jibe about how our respective fan bases reacted to people losing their jobs, but that wasn't what you first called me up on, or what I first reacted to.

And if you actually read from the beginning of the thread you will find that my dig was in response to another one of your willy wavers sweetie pie x

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here