Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Barnes actually touched the ball in our last 4 games?

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
And the powerful shot the keeper couldn't hold, but Dobbie failed to follow up with? And a couple of crosses, including one that led to another shot on? And some decent defensive work and a fair few brilliant take downs of the ball? As well as being one of the players who could have won a penalty when he was pushed in the back, and won a couple of free kicks? Were you even watching the game?
I question if he ever watched a game...Barnsey does so much work and he can't see it.....jeez!

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I have slagged him off on here before but last Saturday was one of his best games for ages.

I thought he was close to being MOM.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Okay, I'll help. No, he hasn't.

You might as well have picked Hammond or Lopez, and criticised them for 'not contributing' because they've not scored.

I've criticised them in a separate thread. Hammond started well but has quickly turned absolute pony, and the less said about the Spaniard the better...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I've criticised them in a separate thread. Hammond started well but has quickly turned absolute pony, and the less said about the Spaniard the better...

Fair enough. I'll look forward to the other 8 threads, when you get round to starting those.

Best get on with it though - there's a whole new game to whine about tomorrow.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Fair enough. I'll look forward to the other 8 threads, when you get round to starting those.

Best get on with it though - there's a whole new game to whine about tomorrow.

Fortunately I've decided to give it a swerve, so I look forward to the inevitable 8-0 win with Dobbie getting 5 and Barnes netting 3

Barn Door Billy

Feb 19, 2012
Somewhere near Reading...
Have I been proved wrong? Well, yes, I suppose, if you took the thread title to mean that I genuinely don't think Barnes has kicked a football in 360 minutes.

What have we established he's contributed over 4 games then? 1 long range shot? A missed free header?
Blimey, perhaps we don't need to sign a striker after all.

The only thing that's embarrassing is leaving our promotion bid hinging on a League 1 strikeforce.

Please shut up.

Thanks.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
There's certainly one player who seems to be getting a good deal - people are so busy getting frustrated by Poyet's crap tactics and signings that they're not noticing My Anonymous himself.

And you wonder why we don't look like scoring...

Out of curiosity, is there any player or manager you think is any good? Only the way you crawl out of the woodwork when we lose but are notorious by your absence when we're winning is beginning to make you a parody of yourself.

80x80.gif

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Must admit i thought Barnes was one of the better players on saturday, it was the midfield trio that struggled .. Crofts, Hammond and Lopez

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Out of curiosity, is there any player or manager you think is any good? Only the way you crawl out of the woodwork when we lose but are notorious by your absence when we're winning is beginning to make you a parody of yourself.

Our backline is absolute quality, no doubting that.
Apart from that, I've got a lot of time for Buckley, Bridcutt, CMS and, er, that's about it...

D

Deleted member 18477

Didn't even realise Barnes was on the pitch in the last 4 games.

Thought he had most impressive game sat...lots of link up play...good control and touch. Especially at start of second half. I have a Barnes hater next to me, he can only see the occasional error

Fish9

Aug 7, 2012
He had the touch of a baby elephant and the pace of a turtle. His so called "powerful shot" straight at the keeper, any decent keeper would've caught that comfortably but Steele was so bad it look like he had Vaseline on his gloves. He was so bad makes it even worse that we couldnt score against him. Barnes has been bloody awful, but even worse when was the last time we created a one on one chance? Still need a big target man.
:amex:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here