Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has anyone here ever seen a ghost?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Did you or did you at least think you would?

I'm in no doubt, likewise the wife. Never malicious, or particularly scary, quite amusing when we had to explain odd goings on to guests when they stayed.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I lived in a house that was haunted by the previous owner. Saw 'her' a number of times, heard her many times, and saw her efforts to disrupt the house on several occasions.

People who say they don't exist just haven't experienced one yet, therefore they are in no position to dismiss the notion that they exist.

But rather strangely, the ghosts seen by spiritualists or other 'believers' tend to be famous people in history, or the upper end of the class system, or alleged victims of crimes. Never your run of the mill farm labourer. Out of a pool of billions of ghosts. That is bizarre.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
But rather strangely, the ghosts seen by spiritualists or other 'believers' tend to be famous people in history, or the upper end of the class system, or alleged victims of crimes. Never your run of the mill farm labourer. Out of a pool of billions of ghosts. That is bizarre.

They are nutters, that's why.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
A friend of mine and her daughter on a recent visit to Looe decided to visit a medium to try and speak their son/brother who died of drugs about 10 years ago.
The medium was in a room under a shop selling touristy trinkets.
The daughter stupidly, when asked, let the lady in the shop know who they wanted to reach which of course was passed on to the medium.
The seance started and the medium said I have your son in the room with us but unfortunately he does not want to speak to you and suggests you try again next week.That will be £20 please.
Meanwhile on the way out through the shop they were badgered to buy a lamp made from a sea urchin shell.
Turns out the medium was a local fisherman who could not get his boat out of the harbour that day.

LowerWesty

LowerWesty
Aug 16, 2012
Hassocks
I seem to recall having sex with a goat once, after a heavy night.

Sorry looked again and realised you were asking about seeing a ghost .....:ffsparr:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I saw Ken 'the ghost' Brown once walking the corridors at the Amex. Probably on route to a Fans Forum...;)

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

That assumption is completely wrong.

The vast majority of reported/recorded ghosts are exactly that. Regular run of the mill people in their time.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I've heard enough accounts from credible people to believe in ghosts myself, and why not? It's better than supporting Crystal bloody Palace! Sometimes you get the impression that people just want to live in a grey, colourless world. Bring on the ghouls I say.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
GBslimer-1.gif

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Yep. In the basement of my school house in brighton college. Clear as day. And I was 12/13 so there were no recreational substances involved. Was spoken about quite matter of factly by the teachers and house masters

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
it's not a case of believing in them.
It's just when something odd happens or you see something that you can't explain it has to be something.
I never said I believed in them, but I just can't explain some events any other way.
At the time my sighting was as real as anything, it wasn't until I had time to reflect and thought, 'hang on a minute!'
My brother's incident I choose to believe,simply because he is hard headed and as skeptic as anyone I have met.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here