Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Has anyone had any joy emailing Paul Barber?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Well perhaps he has since learnt something that was out of his usual skill set, and hopeful it was from my direct feedback.
But I saw something very different 5 years ago.
I hope he did get something from it, maybe he is still composing his thank you email?

I think you know what I am talking about.

Mod in trying to wind Mouldy boots up, what a shocker.

What makes a good moderator?

A great moderator utilizes language that is straight without being confrontational, and crystal clear without being biased.

I shall be putting my CV next time mod towers has an available spot.

I would posit that my post fulfilled all of your criteria: straight, non-confrontational, crystal clear, and not biased.

Whereas your post that mine was replying to failed criteria 1, 3, and 4.

You’ll no doubt disagree, as is your right.

:shrug:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Has anyone ever enjoyed a two-thousand word email reply?

More seriously (and based on what I've read on NSC) it is great that he seems to give a detailed response/reply to emails that people send him. I do wonder, however, if anyone has ever received an email in which he gives an inch on what he has decided. Genuinely interested to know if anyone has.

#4, #10, #47, and #56 *in this thread* are all examples where he accepts the club was in error and he either fixes something or changes what was planned based on their feedback .

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
That’s crap. I’m glad you dug in and argued your case. I had a similar situation with my wheelchair bound father; we didn’t win. He was shunted along from his position on the halfway line, and from behind me, when the club extended the directors box area upon promotion to the EPL. We only found out a few days before the opening Man City game and it took the shine off the day somewhat . The club argued rather vaguely they needed to improve security, which I get, but I don’t get why they needed to extend the area and gobble up additional seats…..until I hear a good reason I can only assume it was to accommodate more guests at the expense of supporters. I only dealt with customer services though, not Barber.

Is that the away Directors box that always seems half empty unless Ant & Dec or Oasis are visiting?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Is that the away Directors box that always seems half empty unless Ant & Dec or Oasis are visiting?

Nope. There's a walkway behind the middle West tier which was free to walk all the way along and which has a row of seats. Upon promotion this was blocked off to provide a secure passage for directors moving from the boardroom to the box; previously supporters and directors and guests mingled. I totally understand why they did this. What I do not fully understand, was why they felt the need to extend the security barrier beyond the top of the central stairway and gobble up a bunch of seats. These seats are now used for guests. I was very fed up at the time especially as I treated him to the seat/wheelchair space right behind me, my father was more understanding about it, but it is water under the bridge now though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Oasis broke up years ago are you sure you don’t mean Sclub7 ???

A bloke from Toploader and Rag and Bone Man are as good as it gets.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I've emailed him three times I think...

The first was ehhh forgettable (yet some kind of unforgetable) but he replied to all my bollocks quite quickly.

Last time was a few weeks ago when I had concerns regarding a potential signing and it only took an hour or so before I was re-directed to some bloke working with "Scouting and Intelligence".

Communicating with this club is incredibly easy compared to a lot of others.

Did you accidentally attach a CV to this email?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bryanw42

Nov 8, 2021
Epsom
Sent an email to him yesterday. Got a prompt, courteous and thorough reply and was very impressed by that as I'm sure he has a few other things to keep him occupied. Good job PB.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Only contacted club once.some time ago. Said I thought questionnaire emailed to supporters after game was poor and said they would learn more with better questions. . Suggested they added a question asking how supporter came to game, by car ,seagull travel ,train, P&R,bus or other. Then ask about service and any suggestions for improvements. Never got a reply but maybe it is an outside company that sends out the questionnaire

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Just remembered contacted him about problems in changing name on a ST. Was amazed to receive reply in one hour

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Hi Paul,

Quick one. Just wondering who signs off the kit designs?

Yours, NSC

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here