Has anyone eaten or drunk at stammer house?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We went for a walk a couple of days ago around stammer park and wandered past stanmer house, which is now a pub/ restaurant.

Anyone tried it yet? It looks very plush in there.

Used to play cricket on the green opposite the house...shame that pitch has gone...very picturesque.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I'm going to give it a go pre-match sometime, see how the meals compare quality and price wise to the Profile Lounge. And to see if the staff know how to pour and handle a pint.

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
have not had meal off main menu but does a cracking Sunday lunch - from memory about £12-£13 but well worth it as food was good quality and the atmosphere was pretty laid back and relaxed rather than stuffy.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Must be a headaches for stewards on match days now supporters can go there for there pint/grub and have use of the car park's.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We went for a walk a couple of days ago around stammer park and wandered past stanmer house, which is now a pub/ restaurant.

Used to play cricket on the green opposite the house...shame that pitch has gone...very picturesque.

It was probably near a year ago I went, but the food was very good and the layout spacious and we had a very good night. Judging from some of the comments, I'm assuming it must have changed a bit though ?? as it definitely wasn't pub grub when I was there - I actually wrote home about how nice the food was...

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath

it was one of my favourite pitches in Brighton just like playing on a village green? Been to a wedding at Stammer House before it became a Pub.great little location must try the pub?

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
i found it most pleasant.

The food is higher end but i would say reasonably priced & the bar is probably about the same prices as those in central Brighton.

A welcome diversion i would say

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
that sounds good...we will give it a go.

our favourite restaurant in the area is Marocco's on the seafront by the King Alfred. the fish choices are just excellent and the sea bass is ace.

Have been to birthday parties/wedding receptions there but boycott the day time facilities because of the closing of a right of way so they could make an overflow car park:ohmy:

Attachments

• BARNSLEY 012.JPG
    BARNSLEY 012.JPG
    823.5 KB · Views: 88

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Was there on the 15th Dec for a family wedding, food was really good and service was excellent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports