Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has any poster been in the loony bin?

Matrix10

Jun 7, 2011
Bexhill
My late wife was manager of a home for the mentally ill and I used to go to the Christmas parties every year and mingle with the staff and residents. One Christmas I got talking to a very smart, well dressed new member of staff, really clued up on all types of mental illness and care management. I must have spent a couple of hours receiving a very interesting lecture on the various types and complexities of mental illness and treatment.
Next morning I said to my wife you had better watch your job that new lad you have knows his stuff both with mental health and also management. After she had stopped laughing she explained he was a resident with very severe paranoid schizophrenia!!!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I find it amazing what you can learn about people's backgrounds on here - possibly because they are all anonymous behind user names.

PS - see signature.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Strange isn't it - there seems to be little shame in admitting having been incarcerated which is due to a moral, (or lack of), choice whilst suffering from an illness over which you have no control has a stigma attached to it.

Very good point. Society is a strange place.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Went to Graylingwell once, to play football. Housing estate now. My Great Great Grandmother died in Orpington infirmary. So hope lunacy isn't passed down the gene code.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
My late wife was manager of a home for the mentally ill and I used to go to the Christmas parties every year and mingle with the staff and residents. One Christmas I got talking to a very smart, well dressed new member of staff, really clued up on all types of mental illness and care management. I must have spent a couple of hours receiving a very interesting lecture on the various types and complexities of mental illness and treatment.
Next morning I said to my wife you had better watch your job that new lad you have knows his stuff both with mental health and also management. After she had stopped laughing she explained he was a resident with very severe paranoid schizophrenia!!!

Yes, I remember you :whistle:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here