Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Ankergren signed his contract extension ?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Or that feeble clearance straight to an opposition player who gratefully lobbed it over him in injury time at Withdean (August 2010 v Rochdale). He can be a dependable keeper but its all the flapping around at set pieces which gives us all palpitations.

Yes, that and his total unwillingness to come off his line to take crosses, and his inability to command the goal area. He always seems far too happy to let someone else clear the danger, rather than doing the job himself. Even for the seasons he was first choice keeper in League One he made a lot of unforced errors.

If the club can afford to keep him because he is a 'positive influence' in the dressing room then all well and good, but l'd l'd like to see two new keepers at the club, an experienced number one to take over from the Pig, and either a new younger keeper, or Walton installed as number two.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Just passed him at the little cafe at Westdene shops, hang about and i'll nip back down and ask him

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Could be implying someone wasn't a good influence in the dressing room ???

Touched on that a few weeks ago and as usual got panned for it. Not so much some one, more the case of a few I would think.....The events of last summer left a lot of bad feeling and a lot of split loyalties....Something thankfully Hyypia will not have to put up with now.....As for Ankergren, all keepers have there faults, but I'd rather have Casper than Brez, any day of the week. Far better all round keeper, pound for pound.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Touched on that a few weeks ago and as usual got panned for it. Not so much some one, more the case of a few I would think.....The events of last summer left a lot of bad feeling and a lot of split loyalties....Something thankfully Hyypia will not have to put up with now.....As for Ankergren, all keepers have there faults, but I'd rather have Casper than Brez, any day of the week. Far better all round keeper, pound for pound.

You won't get any panning from me Kev - which few did you think it was?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
You won't get any panning from me Kev - which few did you think it was?

I couldn't possibly say. There were certain players who you would describe as Poyet's boys if you like. There are players who would get on with the job at hand, whoever the manager was, because it's their job and there would be players who didn't see eye to eye with Poyet and were glad to see the back of him....I think without mentioning names, we should just look at who was and who wasn't offered new deals and who was and wasn't sold and who may still be sold....It's no different anywhere to be fair. When a manager has been at a club a long time and 99% of the squad were his signings, there is bound to be a turn around period......There are currently only 13 senior players for a reason and it's isn't bad planning.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here