Has a choice of Albion manager ever stop you going to games?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Got pissed off when Russell Slade got the job on a permanent basis as I knew he was a one trick pony whilst nearly everybody else thought he was a Messiah. Supported the team but never sang "Russell Slade's Blue And White Army"

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I know he got us to our highest ever position and I didn't stop going to watch,but during Mike Bailey's regime I was frequently given smelling salts by the bloke in the next seat to wake me up!

exactly that
everything went down the left

Show's how badly they got it wrong, he's our most successful manager after Mullery...... One game from the premiership etc..., with a near bankrupt club.

Took us down as well though...... Allegedly punched Bellotti so not all bad.

Spent 800k doing it while a couple of seasons earlier cattlin was refused 25k for Jeff Clarke when we were on the verge of promotion,THE TILTMAN OVER SAUNDERS WAS A CLASSIC:ffsparr: AND AS FOR LEAVING NELSON OUT OF THE PLAYOFF FINAL:annoyed:

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Spent 800k doing it while a couple of seasons earlier cattlin was refused 25k for Jeff Clarke when we were on the verge of promotion,THE TILTMAN OVER SAUNDERS WAS A CLASSIC:ffsparr: AND AS FOR LEAVING NELSON OUT OF THE PLAYOFF FINAL:annoyed:

When Lloyd came in it was the wrong choice. A better manager could of taken what we had (a top 6 2nd tier side) and got them back up. He ran it down before having a good season

The team he took over and the team he left were a class apart

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
Hated the baz lloyd years so didn't attend as much as before his appearance,i know of a guy who would not watch the albion whilst liam brady was in charge,what about the rest of you????

i wouldn't have renewed if we got adkins as i detest him. other than that i would always renew, although i would be seriously pissed off if it was someone like warnock!!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I watched Jimmy Case's Albion sides, so no. Nothing will be as bad as that.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

I don't recall him playing Nelson that much during the season, Byrne and Small got us to the play-offs. Tilts over Saunders was forced due to finances and needing a quick sell hence £60k to Oxford. Interested in the 800k as that's not my recollection at all, most of the signings were free transfers. He took over from Mullery not Cattlin.

We had started to struggle under Cattlin hence Mullery was appointed.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
When Lloyd came in it was the wrong choice. A better manager could of taken what we had (a top 6 2nd tier side) and got them back up. He ran it down before having a good season

The team he took over and the team he left were a class apart

Choice wise we'll never know, but it had been 2 years before when we'd just missed out. We had struggled the following year when Cattlin had bought Fashanu...... If memory serves me correct around the Xmas period we didn't score for 6 or 7 games. Mullery then came back.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Never

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Ah Barry Lloyd, the man who got us one further place than Gus, on a limited budget and a shite board. Lloyd got the best out of his players - shame Gus couldn't.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
So if you thought a board or manager was damaging your club would you still pay money into that regime and extend its life? Found alot of the people that refused to attend were better fans than those that didn't have a clue or care what was happening to the club but continued going.So the season ticket holders at Gillingham were the only true fans????

1000's of us did under stanley archer and belotti and thank god we did or we wouldnt have a football club would we - you really are a numpty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports