Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harveys at the Stadium

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
PB's email to me (arrived 8.27pm last ngiht) was even more indignant.

Complete nonsense. Harvey's will be available throughout the stadium. (I have said that publicly several times during the catering tender process).

Regards, Paul

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Indeed, but I found it a little bit sad that so many people said that they will put up with just about anything. I swear that if this country was invaded, most people would just put up with it and say that it was probably for the best.

And judging by this thread, start insulting the ones that did make a stand.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
No need to apologise old boy. All good fun for all involved.

By the way I saw your ugly mug in a book at the weekend. Something like "Football Then and Now" - if you have not heard of it I will post the picture later on.

Was that the one holding up the anti franchise banner at selhurst when albion played Wimbledon. If so it was made by paul Samrah and that picture made the Telegraph sports pages..lol

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
PB's email to me (arrived 8.27pm last ngiht) was even more indignant.

Complete nonsense. Harvey's will be available throughout the stadium. (I have said that publicly several times during the catering tender process).

Regards, Paul
Thank God, Lord Bloom has stepped in and put Barber-out straight.
Then made him front up to his mistake.

Well that's how I read that, anyway :jester:

Indeed, but I found it a little bit sad that so many people said that they will put up with just about anything. I swear that if this country was invaded, most people would just put up with it and say that it was probably for the best.

Yes, it's just like being invaded, great analogy.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Whereas you'd be on the internet telling them it wasn't.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
That's the baby. The camera loves you ...........

....not always. The worst one is on the front of a programme where the previous week we had played Southend and some lads had caused trouble...pushed a bin into the stand and generally being laddish...anyway, we were photographed with the rest of the junior seagulls...the caption read something like...."supporting the team, helping the kids, BEING NICE....". My street Cred plummeted from that point.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton

It's for the best.

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
20 pages on this sums up what s••t supporters we have, who cares you go to football to watch brighton. Go to a f••••••g PUB

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Absolutely NOT. A queue is better than a shit drink.

I thought the whole ethos of the community stadium idea was to use local firms and encourage the local economy. If Barber and Bloom are now going to start ripping off fans (not customers) with corporate bland crap, we might as well all give up and go and watch Arsenal or Manure - or god help everyone Chelski.

NEVER EVER TRUST THE OWNER - HE IS ONLY IN IT FOR HIMSELF (OR HIS EGO)

I hope you don't mean that?

So far it seems he in it as far as £140 million

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
20 pages on this sums up what s••t supporters we have, who cares you go to football to watch brighton. Go to a f••••••g PUB

...I thought the whole thing in these enlightened days where the club( and it is not just brighton ) want you to get there three hours before and go home three hours after the game, was all about the " matchday experience"? Otherwise, what is the point in hving restaurants, kiosks etc etc at modern stadia?

If it was all about football, we would have a stadium with the only facilities being toilets!

The game has supposedly moved on for us customers

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
It is if they attempt to rally support behind the idea of depriving the club of income, yes.

So you were against the boycott of games at the Goldstone?

I know that's an extreme example but if someone feels strongly enough about something to try and rally support that's up to them, if other's don't feel the same the boycott will have little effect. I'd say if they replace Harveys with John Smiths it's the club who'll be depriving themselves of income

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Ha ha, spoken as someone who easily breezes in and out of the stadium on a match day at their convenience with no time to kill....:facepalm:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So you were against the boycott of games at the Goldstone?

I know that's an extreme example but if someone feels strongly enough about something to try and rally support that's up to them, if other's don't feel the same the boycott will have little effect. I'd say if they replace Harveys with John Smiths it's the club who'll be depriving themselves of income

You've not actually READ the thread then?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Hahaha. Give me fcking STRENGTH.

I think you might be getting a little TINY bit carried away there. The (made up) suggestion, was actually to replace the brand of beer at the refreshment kiosks, rather than to lay down arms and welcome in nazi invaders. Similar though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here